Rising Storm

The Tallest stood in the Massive, the usual quiet chitters and small buzzings of the machinery.

They stood straight as an incoming call popped up in front of them, Red sighing slightly.

"Answer it! " Tallest Purple ordered, his voice bubbly as ever.

Complying, the submission blared onto the holographic screen.

An Irken with greyish-blue irises, light off-white pupils and a strange looking spot under his left eye stood straight in front of them, wearing a scientist uniform.

"Irken scientist, Beo reporting in. " The figure now known as Beo saluted, curled antennae stood formally.

The tallest shared a glance, a light shrug, before Beo continued.

"I have found the desired results from my last assigned task, " He paused, seeming to note the slightly confused expression on Reds' face.

"T-the search for more planets with resources that could be used for snack production, my Tallest? " Beo reminded carefully, antennae now resting just above his shoulders.

"Ah yes, yes. Continue. " Tallest Red affirmed with a small nod, along with Purple.

"I've found a variety of planets meeting the requirements, though I found three in particular that stand out with richer, and sweeter resources. " The scientist informed, pulling out a tablet-like device that showed diagrams of three planets, he tapped into one.

The orb was a dusty, pinkish colour, with spots of a more saturated ruby colour splattered around it.

"This is 'Orue'. Home to the Oruecs, a relatively early civilization. The planet's surface is covered in Sucrose, a compound found in sugar. '' Beo explained, zooming in on the area.

"These darker parts are crystal-like, natural structures that are primarily made of fructose. On my mission to collect samples, I found there's an outer layer that's solid, with a syrup-like solution in the crystallised shell. Fructose in particular is much sweeter than sucrose, but both are important compounds. " He gestured to a small pink crystal in his claws, cracking it to show the liquid inside.

The Irken scientist took a glance at the screen, taking a breath at Red's nod and Purple's interested expression, before putting the sample away.

He pulled up a different diagram, the sphere had a greeny-blue colour, with two lighter stripes of colour cutting through the surface, like a river. It had splotches of dark green and purplish blue's around the space.

"A-and this Planet is 'Squol', it's Inhabited by Squolie, an unintelligent species. While this orb may look uninteresting, its dirt and general undergrounds are rich in resources. Majority of the soil contains lots of sugar, and not to mention that various of the trees and plants grow sweet, candy-like fruits that would make excellent snacks. " Beo held a weirdly shaped item, it was a light yellow colour with a glassy look.

"These are some of the samples I've taken from the plants and such. " He placed the yellow fruit on an observation deck close to the screen, along with three others.

Besides the first item was a dark red sphere that seemed to be coated in sugar, or something of the like.

Then there was a tealish-green, leaf-looking plant. It had speckles of white all over, less than the red fruit- and more spaced out.

The last item was in a weird shape similarly to the first, but this one was an orange kinda colour, with the same glossed over look. Except this one seemed to have some tiny bits of sugar along it's surface, bearly noticeable, but there.