☺️ Sweet like a Sweet Flower (Tighnari x Lumine)

(SUMERU CITY ARCHON QUEST SPOILERS)

—~—

Tighnari was out gathering herbs for medicinal purposes. Lumine accompanying him as she had finished all her commissions and after helping Sumeru City, she just wanted time to chill out and hang out with her friends.

More specifically, Tighnari. For some reason, from the moment she opened her eyes... her heart skipped beats looking at him the first time. At first she thought it was his ears or tail. The fact that he carried her to Ghandarva Ville, maybe?

The way he talked... how he protected people? Those were just thoughts, possibilities of why she felt that way until he got struck by lightning. She remembered first seeing the lightning burn on his arm.

She felt like all the air around her had stopped existing. Like she stood in the only space with no oxygen. That day all she could think about and see in her mind days later was Tighnari and if he was okay from the lightning strike.

Coming back to her senses as she watched Tighnari pick a Sumeru Rose. Tighnari looked over at her and smiled. "Something wrong, Lumine?"

"No! N-No, I..." She stuttered as her face went red. "I was just wondering why you picked a Sumeru Rose... You... uh... You don't have a medicinal recipe that uses a Sumeru Rose do you?"

Tighnari shook his head, getting closer to Lumine as she could feel her heart beating out of her chest. "No... I don't... But I thought you might like it." He said as he raised his hand up and brushed her hair from her face.

Lumine watched him intently. Staring into his eyes as he placed the rose in her hair, behind her ear. Completely speechless.

"You are as sweet as a sweet flower, as pretty as a Zaytun Peach, your voice is sound like silk made from a silk flower. Yet you're as rare and as beautiful as a Sumeru Rose in Inazuma." Tighnari said as he smiled at her.

Lumine's face went bright red. She hid her face behind her hands and squatted down, putting her face in her knees. Tighnari was shocked at her reaction, thinking something was wrong with her as his ear went on alert. "L-Lumine?!" He kneeled down with her.

"S-Sorry!" She mumbled behind her hands as Tighnari looked at her.

"What's wrong? Why are you sorry?" Tighnari asked with concern.

"I just made a total fool of myself..." Lumine whined behind her hands.

Tighnari started to laugh as he sat back. "You didn't! Awe..."

Lumine looked up as he laughed, blushing more as she watched him sit back. "Wait... why'd you say awe!?"

Tighnari looked at her, a sweet yet smug smile on his face. "I just think you're cute getting all flustered over my little poem."

"Shut up!" Her whole face turned red. "It wasn't at the poem!"

He sat up, getting quite close as he looked at her. "Why are you blushing then?" He asked curiously.

"I... Because... Um..." She looked away from him. "You."

"You're blushing because of me?" Tighnari tilted his head.

"Yes." She said silently.

"Because I picked the rose for you?"

"No!" She yelled, covering her mouth immediately as he laughed. "No... just... just you. Just because of you."

Tighnari smiled as he leaned close to her. "Do you like me?"

Lumine felt like the air was being pulled out of her lungs the closer her got. Her heart working over time in her chest. "Yes..." She said softly as he laid his ears back getting closer and closer.

"Can I kiss you, Lumine?" Tighnari said, inches away from her face. A soft blush gracing his face.

"Y... Yes... please?" She whispered as she looked into his eyes.

Tighnari laughed softly at her reply, closing the gap between them. He moved a hand up to her face as their lips connected. Both closing their eyes in the moment as Lumine reached out, leaning forwards to get out of the squat she was in and onto her knees as she grabbed onto Tighnari's shirt. As if making sure he was really.