☺️ Severity (Alhaitham x Lumine)

(Enjoy the chapter! Don't forget to follow and like <3)

*This chapter contains themes of kidnapping, drugging, and other things that may be disturbing to some readers. Please read at your own discretion.

Also to clarify, Alhaitham is not the one doing the above mentioned things.

~~~

"Alhaitham!" Lumine yelled angrily but playfully as she wasn't truly mad at him, she walked into the Acting Grand Sage's office. He was slumped over the desk, struggling to keep his eyes open after a long fight with Kaveh last night. "I have sent four letters to you, I need your help with this commission it's a high r-"

"Lumine." Alhaitham growled angrily, a hand his index fingers on his temples. He wasn't thinking straight, he was tired and upset but.. "I might be your so called friend after we saved Lesser Lord Kusanali but I am the Acting Grand Sage!" He slammed his hands on the desk and stood up.

Lumine stopped half way to his desk. Surprised and hurt. She didn't reply, letting him continue his rant.

"You may be from "another world" and I don't know how Monstadt and Inazuma leaders act when you interrupt their work day but just because you consider yourself my friend does not give you the right to barge into my office! Who even let you up here without the proper authorization?!" He yelled as he looked at her. Her face was angry. Hints of sadness plaguing her eyes at his words and his assumptions.

She stepped back, standing straight. Pushing everything she wanted to say down as she just stared at him with that same awful look his peers would stare at him with. That look of indifference, of discomfort... Or maybe it was just her eyes that hurt him worse than anything Kaveh could ever say. Anyone could ever say.

Lumine's eyes were void of kindness, of excite. Her smile was gone and she wasn't even playfully angry anymore. She crossed her arms over her stomach as if his words had cut her like a sharp sword. Gripping her swords. By the time Alhaitham had realized what he said, what he insinuated. She had already bowed her head.

"My apologies... Acting Grand Sage." She said coldly as she turned around and quickly walked out.

Alhaitham sat back in his chair. For the first time in his life, someone mattered. Someone's feelings that he hurt with his words actually mattered.

He put his head down on the desk. Groaning loudly as he cussed the world. All the stress he had built up over the years pouring out in one single moment. Right in front of the one person that had actually cared about him.

~~

"Alhaitham!?" Kaveh's voice yelled as the doors to the Grand Sage's office slammed open. Alhaitham jerked up, sitting straight. He looked around and found the room darker than when he laid his head down. He had fallen asleep.

"What do you want, Kaveh?" Alhaitham sighed heavily.

"The traveler's little flying friend, Paimon was it? She just flew to our house looking for you! She said Lumine hadn't come back from the commission yet. You hadn't come home so I assumed you were already with her." Kaveh said as he walked up to the desk.

Alhaitham sighed heavily. He had almost forgotten that Lumine had barged in only to get the full brunt of his sleep deprived anger for a stupid mundane commission. "She came here but I didn't leave with her."