🧐 Underground [TGB Part 2] (Theory/Angst)

(Y'all answered the question so here we areeeee~~~)

~~~

[
Songs for this chapter:

Sailboat - Cody Fry, Ben Rector
Underground - Cody Fry
It Only Cost Everything - Victor Ray
I Wish - Bava
]

~~~

Lumine took a deep breath in, filling her lungs with an ache she couldn't describe as she slowly opened her eyes. A dim light coated the metal room as she turned her head to look to her side.

Paimon laid by her, her small hands gripping Lumine's hand and Paimon's red, tear stained cheeks resting in the palm of her hand. She stared at Paimon for a good while, amazed that Paimon had stayed with her for however long she had been out.

Navia walked into the room causing Paimon to open her eyes and see Lumine awake. She immediately began crying again and hugged Lumine tightly around the neck, laying across her chest like a small child would when waking their parent.

"Hi, Paimon..." Lumine whispered in a ragged voice as she wrapped her arms gently around Paimon and held her while she cried.

Navia laughed softly at the sight. "Paimon... Be careful, Lumine's stitches may come loose if you hug her too roughly."

"Paimon's sorry..." She said softly as she raised up and sniffled, wiping her eyes as Lumine chuckled lightly.

"How are you feeling, Lumine?" Navia asked as she sat some sweets on a table by the bedside.

Like I just got the hell beaten out of me, got my heart broken in the worst way, and rolled down a hill escaping a plan to murder me.

"Sore... tired..." Lumine said as she sighed, Navia helped her sit up. The stitches in her side pulled uncomfortably as she moved. "And stiff." She groaned softly as she stretched her legs over the edge of the bed.

"You were unconscious for two whole days, stiff is expected." Navia smiled softly, trying to give her the news as gently as she could.

Lumine's eyes grew wide as she looked at Navia. "What? Two days?"

"Yeah... when we found you... you had lost a lot of blood and we have to restart your heart once. You scared Paimon really, really badly and gave me quite the scare as well..." Navia nodded solemnly.

"Paimon thought..." Paimon tried to speak but she started crying again.

Lumine reached out and brought Paimon into a tight hug. "I told you I would t leave you. I meant it." She said kindly as she patted and rubbed Paimon's back. "I'm so sorry I scared you... again..."

"What happened, Lumine?" Navia asked gaining Lumine's attention almost immediately as Paimon sat beside her after their hug.

"Did Paimon not..." Her voice trailed off as Navia shook her head.

"No... She was too upset to explain... so we didn't pry." Navia explained.

"...I..." Lumine tried to find the words but with every beat of her heart, a deep pain burned into her soul. For a good while she was silent until she cleared her throat and looked at Navia.

"Lyney, Lynette, and their brother Freminet attacked me by order of The Knave from the House of Hearth." She said quickly. Each word strung like a potent poison.

Navia's face grew into one of pure shock, her eyes were as wide as saucers and her jaw nearly hit the floor. "The... The Magician and his siblings? For The Knave? But... why? I thought you and Lyney..."

"Stop." Lumine said suddenly, interrupting Navia's words as she looked down. "Please, don't say anything more about that."

"I'm sorry... I won't..." Navia nodded as she stood up. "Paimon let's go get some stuff for Lumine..." She smiled kindly at Paimon.

Paimon nodded and floated out the door, following closely behind Navia. As soon as they were out of the room, Lumine couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

She cried, screamed even, as tears hit the floor back to back. Lumine cried so hard and so loud she was sure someone would walk in but no one ever did. She simply sat on the bed, holding her chest and remembering Lyney's words like echoes in her mind.

Cruel images of them laughing together and flirting with each other played in her mind as she struggled to catch her breath.

~~~

A week passed, Lumine got her stitches out three days ago and she was moving pretty freely around the under ground of Fontaine. Well, the sewers of Fontaine. She didn't have any desires to leave yet and Navia wasn't about to kick her out.

However, one day... Lumine fell and cut her leg pretty badly on a rusty metal sheet. Paimon and Navia helped her clean it and temporarily bandaged it but to make sure it wouldn't get infected at all, Navia and Paimon took off from the sewers to find a doctor in Fontaine.

They had left on the aquabus, but Lumine couldn't have known that. There was a knock on her room door, she opened the door to see a hooded man about her height, his face covered, carrying a medical kit.

"Hm... Are you the doctor?" Lumine asked as she looked out the door and searched for Navia and Paimon.

"Yes." The voice was like a whisper, it was hard to hear him.

"Where's Navia and Paimon?" She asked as she stepped back away from the door and looked at the man.

"Gone to get food." The man spoke in a low voice as he walked inside.

He closed the door behind him as Lumine limped over to the bed and sat down, she pulled her pants leg up and showed the still bleeding wound. It wasn't bleeding horribly just enough to see the blood.

"I cut it on a rusty metal sheet... Someone bumped into me and..." Lumine's words trailed off and she looked up at the man as he stood in front of her.

His lilac eyes pierced into her soul as he took his hood off. "Lumine, I..."

"L-Lyney!?" She yelped, it was like all the air had been sucked out of the room as she stared at him. Immediately, she pushed him back and tried to stand up.

Lyney's arm caught her waist and threw her back onto the bed, she was just about to scream as Lyney put his hand firmly over her mouth, straddling her waist and gripping her wrists tightly as she tried to squirm out from under him.

"Shhh!!! Shut up!" Lyney demanded as he took his hand off her mouth for just a moment and wrapped her wrists up in a red silk ribbon.

"LET ME GO!!!" Lumine screamed at the top of her lungs before Lyney covered her mouth again. She kicked her legs violently re-opening her cut as she tried to shake her head and get hand off her mouth.

"Stop being so dramatic, Lumine!" Lyney yelled as he looked at her.

Those words immediately got her attention as she locked eyes with Lyney and glared at him.

~~~

(Part 3??
What happens next??
1. Lyney is gonna get his ass beat.
2. Lumine breaks down and cries.
3. Lyney kidnaps her and takes her to the Knave.)

(Words written:
1,190)