🧐 The Price of Home (Theory/May contain spoilers)

(Y'all it has been a rollercoaster. My group of friends have been picking apart the House of Hearth, Arlecchino, and so much more! This is what we theorize is gonna happen—)

~~~

"Hm..." Arlecchino's voice hummed unpleasantly somewhere in Fontaine. He was unhappy. And when Father was unhappy, nothing went right.

"Father..." A timid voice spoke, maybe to soothe him or to ask to be dismissed.

"It's time to teach a hard lesson." Arlecchino spoke coldly. "I expect it to be done by tomorrow night."

A lump formed in their throat, that was the one thing they didn't want to hear. "Yes, of course, Father."

~~~

The next day rolled around, Lumine walked out of her room at the Hotel Debrode and made her way over to Lyney's house. Paimon floated by her as usual.

"Hi, Lyney!" Lumine and Paimon cheered in unison as Lyney walked out to greet them.

"Hi there, you two! I wasn't expecting to see you today." Lyney said, smiling sweetly at Lumine.

"We wanted to come help with any upcoming shows... We're free today so..." Lumine returned the smile, blushing softly.

Lyney led Lumine and Paimon throughout the day, getting their help with various things on stage at the Opera Epiclese as Lyney stole glances at Lumine the whole day.

As evening rolled around, Lyney accompanied Lumine to the fountain outside the opera house. They talked for a long time while Paimon was gone to get snacks from Navia who had stopped by the Opera Epiclese to see how the set up was going.

"Lumine, close your eyes." Lyney said nervously as he smiled at her.

"Hm?" Lumine raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"B-Because I have a magic trick I made just for you but it requires you to close your eyes!" He explained as he laughed softly.

"Hm..." Lumine sighed, putting her hands behind her back and sighing as she closed her eyes. "Fine."

Lyney's heart raced as he stared at her face. He stepped closer and Lumine felt the atmosphere change. She began to blushed again, this time noticeably.

Lyney smiled at this as he was blushing himself but needed to go through with this. He pulled something out of his pocket, his opposite hand hesitantly resting on the side of her neck as he pulled her closer.

Lumine swallowed nervously, it was like the whole world was in slow motion after she felt Lyney touch her neck. Lyney closed his eyes and mustered up all the courage he possibly could. Leaning in and kissing her passionately.

Lumine returned the kiss as Navia and Paimon stood in the background shocked and smiling. Lyney brought the hand holding the mystery item up and that's when Lumine felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

"Hm... ow..." She whispered.

She pulled away from the kiss, both blushing brightly as Lyney laughed softly, he was never good at pinning flowers on people when he was so nervous. Not that he'd ever been this nervous in his whole life.