CHAPTER 12

Rest of the day, Gauri had a great time with the Oberoi family. She cooked with the ladies in the kitchen, played video games with Rudy and Avanthika but was later admonished by Vishaal for straining their eyes for a long time. She was surprised when Tej suggested them to play badminton and was even more surprised when both the men joined them for playing.

Just like her father, even Tej Singh Oberoi was just a sweet and family loving person. Him being titled as a tyrant was just a facade that he had to keep up in the business field.

In short, Oberoi family as a whole was amazing. She was lucky that within a few months even she would become a part of this family. And that brings her mind to her supposed fiancé.

Omkara had missed the dinner since he had been caught up with work. Since she was leaving the next day, she thought she would spend the whole day with the Oberois which included her supposed fiancé too. She was disappointed when he didn't even come for their usual comfy balcony time. She would have waited for him a little longer if not for her father who had seen her sitting in the balcony. She didn't want anymore embarassment by telling him the actual reason for her staying up.

Presently, she got up from her bed feeling thirsty. She frowned seeing the light from the kitchen.

Gauri stopped in surprise seeing Omkara there, taking food from the fridge.

"Hey! I thought you had slept already." Omkara said smiling at her.

"I was about to sleep, but felt thirsty." Then seeing him about to eat the freezed food she stopped him.

"Wait! I will reheat it for you." Gauri said taking the plate from him.

"It's okay, Gauri. I will-" He stopped as she already started reheating the food.

"Did you eat?" He asked.

Gauri nodded her head.

"Even if you are late, why can't you have your food on time. Now I realise why Jaanu aunty was saying all that." Gauri said as she took two cups from the shelf.

"Waah waah! Marriage hasn't happened yet but from now itself so much care. How lucky I'm to get such a caring fiancée." Omkara said grinning as he sat on the kitchen counter.

Gauri blushed as she washed the cups.

Serving the food on a plate, she handed it over to him without looking at his face.

"Atleast look at my face, let me see that blush on your face." He cheekily said taking the plate from her.

Gauri rolled her eyes as her cheeks turned pink and turned around to take the juice jug from the fridge. Pouring the juice into two cups she gave one of it to him.

"Thanks, Gauri." Omkara said smiling at her.

She smiled back at him and sat on one of the kitchen stools.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow." She said.

Omkara slowly nodded his head as he ate.

"When?" He asked looking at her.

"Morning."

"Morning itself?"

"Yeah. It's been a while we are away from our home." She said smiling.

Omkara smiled back at her. They talked to each other about several things as he finished his food.

Gauri was about to take the empty plate from him but he moved it away.

"No! This, I will do." He said smiling. Along with his plate and cup, he took the cup from her hand too.

Gauri was about to protest but then stopped with a smile. She decided to clean the mess on the countertop.