CHAPTER 13

"Anika is a very smart girl." Omkara said while driving the car, on their way back from Anika's boutique.

"I know. Also a very good friend. Just because of her and some of my close ones, I still believe in friendship and love." Gauri said with a smile.

Omkara smiled glancing at her before focusing on the road.

"Good things take time. Until then we will have to face a lot of challenges in our life and I must say you faced them pretty nicely." He said staring ahead.

"Really? You think so?" She asked him surprised.

"Of course! Even though I don't have any personal experience, I have seen a lot people giving up on facing such situations. But you didn't. You were hurt in the process but still you showed the courage to end that suffering and tried to move forward. That's great actually." He said.

Omkara checked his watch and realised that it was lunch time.

"I know an amazing restaurant here. Let's go there and have lunch?" He asked.

When he didn't get a reply, he turned to look at her and saw her deep in thoughts.

"Gauri?" Omkara called her tapping her hand.

"Huh? What were you saying?" She asked him startled.

"Where were you lost? I was saying I know a nice restaurant here. Let's go for lunch?"

"Yeah, okay." Gauri said smiling before she turned to look outside.

"Jeeju is going to prove that he is the one for you, di."

Avanthika's words rang in her head as she thought about her each and every moment with him.

Is he the one for me?

Maybe. Maybe, he is the one. But she can't keep her hopes too high. Once when she did take the risk it ended up hurting her too badly. Was she ready to take that risk once again? Not yet.

Gauri turned to look at him, and at the same moment he also turned to her. She sighed inwardly when he flashed his ever charming smile at her.

I promised myself that I wasn't going to get my hopes up. But deep inside I just know that was what I'm going to do anyway.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"The food was so amazing. I have seen this restaurant before, but never knew the food here was so good." Gauri said amazed, as they came out of the restaurant.

"I came here for meeting one of my friends recently. That's how I found it. The view is also very beautiful, right?" Omkara said.

"Yeah." She said smiling.

Across the restaurant, it was a beach. From the restaurant itself, they could see the alluring sea.

"Let's go to the beach?" Gauri asked excitedly.

"Okay." Omkara said smiling seeing her excitement.

Seeing her about to cross the road without watching out for vehicles, he quickly held her hand.

"Careful, Gauri. Vehicles are coming. You should see both the sides of the road before crossing." Omkara said in a gentle reproving manner.

"Sorry. I got too much excited seeing the beach." She apologized with a sheepish grin.

Omkara shook his head before looking out for vehicles and then crossed the road along with her.

Gauri looked at him holding her hand and felt butterflies in her stomach. The pace of her heartbeat increased as she walked along with him in a daze.