CHAPTER 16

Omkara watched his fiancée pacing to and fro across the room. Seeing her nervously biting her nails, he sighed before moving towards her and stopped her by holding her shoulders.

"Gauri, what's the issue?" He asked her.

Gauri sighed looking at him.

"I don't know. I'm excited, actually very excited. That finally my dreams are coming true but at the same time I'm feeling nervous too. What if I mess up? I don't want to embarrass you all." Gauri said worriedly.

Omkara smiled hearing her. He could understand her because even he went through this phase few years back when he first started his own business.

"Gauri, I can understand you. But you don't have to worry. Everything went well till now, so don't take tension about what will happen next. Even if something happens, then we all are here, right? You just remember that today is the day that you have been waiting for. Give your best and I know your capability. You are gonna rock it." Omkara told her confidently.

Gauri nodded her feeling a bit relieved.

Omkara cupped her face in his palms and said, "Just put on that beautiful smile on your face and be my Gauri. Rest assured."

Gauri smiled happily hearing that and hugged him.

"Thank you." She said.

Omkara kissed on top of her head in reply.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Omkara smiled shaking hands with the person he was talking before turning to look at Gauri.

She was simply worrying. He thought with a chuckle seeing the efficiency with which she was interacting with the business associates.

Omkara looked away for a moment and that was when he noticed Avanthika sitting at a corner watching everything silently.

He frowned before walking towards her.

"Mind if I give you company?" He asked sitting beside her.

"Jeeju!" Avanthika said smiling.

"Why are you sitting here alone? Where is Rudy?"

Avanthika grinned before pointing at something behind him.

Omkara turned around curiously only to see Rudra and Bhavya talking sitting at another table.

"They left you alone?" He asked frowning.

Avanthika shook her head.

"I was sitting with them only. Came here a few minutes back. I just wanted some alone time."

"Am I disturbing you?" Omkara asked.

"No, jeeju." She said smiling.

"So, you like sitting alone?"

"Not exactly. Sometimes I like sitting alone and watch everything that is happening around. And I was watching how happy my sister is looking. Evil eyes off!"

Omkara smiled seeing her love for her sister.

"Thank you, jeeju. Even if you hadn't come to her life, she might have launched her boutique. But if I'm seeing di this much happy and glowing today, then it's only because of you." Avanthika said smiling.

"I didn't do anything, Avanthi. It was all her's and Papa's hardwork."

"I know. But I'm not talking about the boutique. I'm talking about the feelings and emotions. If she hadn't moved on from her past, then I don't think she would have enjoyed everything and felt truly happy on achieving her dream. Your presence and support means a lot to her."