CHAPTER 15

Omkara walked into his house dialling Gauri at night. He sighed disappointedly when she didn't attend the call.

He was about to dial her number again, when he heard his mother's voice.

"Are you calling Gauri? Then sorry to say but she is not going to attend it." Jhanvi said as she stood with her arms crossed against her chest.

Omkara frowned hearing.

"Do you think after what you have done she is going to attend your call?" Jhanvi asked.

"Mom, I have an explanation and I'm sure Gauri will understand me. I wonder why she is not attending the call." Omkara said sighing.

"That's because her Mom asked her to do it."

Omkara looked at his mother shocked.

"You told her not to attend my call?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, because I know that my daughter-in-law is too good at heart and she is going to forgive you so easily and I don't want that. She is not going to disobey her Mom anyway." Jhanvi said shrugging.

"I should have guessed because Gauri will never stop talking to me on her own. Mom, why did you do that?" Omkara asked helplessly.

"So that you will not dare to repeat the same mistake again. I have been tolerating this for so long but I'm not going to let Gauri also tolerate the same." Jhanvi said glaring at her son.

"Mom, please listen to me. I was in an urgent meetin-"

"No, Om. Stop it. I don't want to hear your business related things. Business is important, I agree. But you have to understand that it is not important than your family, Om. I would not have said anything earlier but now I'm not going to stay silent. You cannot ignore Gauri for anything. She is your fiancée and within a few weeks she will become your wife. That poor girl was waiting for you the whole day and you..." Jhanvi stopped as she took a furious breath.

Omkara looked down in guilt.

"Mom, I'm sorry but..."

"If you should say sorry to someone then it is not me, it's Gauri. Instead of trying to convince me, try thinking of ways to convince her. It's not a tough task anyway. She is going to melt with just a sorry. I hope you will not let me down again, Om." Jhanvi said shaking her head before going to her room.

Omkara ran his fingers through his hair with a sigh.

Everything started a few days back, when he expressed his wish to see her under-construction boutique. They had decided to go there today evening.

Since Omkara had an urgent meeting late afternoon, he asked Gauri to wait for him at a cafe. It was a meeting regarding the Kapoors - who have been a headache for him since the past few months. The meeting lasted longer than expected and by the time he reached the cafe it was too late and Gauri was also gone. When he took his phone out to call her, he saw many missed calls from her as well as his mother.

When he called her, the phone was engaged. Few minutes later when he called her again, she didn't attend it. Guess the previous call was from his mother who advised her not to attend his call.

"Dammit!"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Next day morning, Anjali opened the door hearing the doorbell and got surprised seeing Omkara at the door.

"Good morning, Mumma." Omkara said smiling.