CHAPTER 14

"Hayyee! Nazar na lage." Rudra exclaimed smiling dreamily.

Omkara rolled his eyes hearing his brother's exaggerated compliment. But then smiled looking at himself in the mirror. He truly looks handsome in that navy blue coloured engagement dress. Both Anika and Gauri did a really nice job!

At that moment his phone pinged with a message. Remembering him sending a message to Gauri earlier, he went to pick his phone.

Before he could reach there, Rudra took the phone and saw the notification from Gauri.

"Oooooh! Message from bhabhi." Rudra said teasingly.

"Rudy, give back my phone." Omkara said sternly.

"What is this, O? You both are going to meet each other soon, then why messaging? Can't even wait for a few minutes?" Rudra teased him again wiggling his eyebrows.

"Rudra Singh Oberoi, don't test my patience. Give. Back. My. Phone." Omkara said glaring at his brother.

Dandi, who was a silent spectator till now, decided to intervene so that the situation won't go out of control. He quickly grabbed the phone from Rudra and gave it back to Omkara.

Omkara took the phone from Dandi and slightly smacked his brother's head before moving out of the room.

Patience, Mister. You can see me in that dress very soon. And just to let you know, I'm looking so gorgeous in this dress. Try not to faint;)

Omkara chuckled seeing her response. He had asked a photo of her in her engagement dress as he really wanted to see her in that dress. And after this response from her, he can't wait to meet her soon.

The engagement was happening at the Sharma Mansion.

The Oberois were grandly welcomed by the Sharmas and the groom was made to sit on the sofa arranged for the bride and groom, on the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please." Bhavya said as she stood by the side of the stage.

"First of all let me thank each one of you for accepting our invitation and taking part in this special day of my dearest sister, Gauri Sharma and my handsome brother-in-law Omkara Singh Oberoi."

Everyone clapped their hands.

"Some of you might have realised that I'm hosting today's engagement ceremony. Well yes I'm happy that I got this opportunity to host my sister's engagement ceremony. As you all can see our groom is already on the stage and he is also very impatient to see his bride. Isn't, jeeju?" Bhavya asked him teasingly.

Omkara shook his head smiling.

"Let's not keep him waiting anymore. Now it's time for our bride's entry. Shall we bring her in?"

The guests chorused in agreement.

"Presenting you my ever so gorgeous sister, Gauri Sharma."

The guests clapped their hands as the entrance door slowly opened revealing Gauri.

Omkara slowly stood up from the sofa in a daze as Gauri walked towards him from the entrance. His lips were slightly parted as he took in her appearance. She was looking ethereal in that lehenga.

Flowers were showering upon her as she walked through the aisle filled with flower petals.

Gauri smiled happily as she saw him, looking handsome as always. But today he looked.... she couldn't exactly say what she was feeling. One thing she knew, he surely did take her breath away.