♤trading friendships♤

.....23......

.....Cara...

I wake up from my sleep, feeling drowsy and weak. Last time I was conscious I was being dragged by Anika's women out of Evie's presence. I just hope she is fine. I was on a bed, why? I remember Evie explaining something about Anika going to pull a move to bring me to her side if she is not able to get her. I laughed at that theory, because even Reginald, my dumb ex boyfriend wouldn't make sure a stupid move and he was a brick head.

I rub my eyes and yawn, wondering how long I've been locked up here. The red lip lady must like me, this room is sweet as fuck. Being a hood girl, I don't see this as often. Well, aside Evie no one else showed me kindness but I know the difference between manipulation and kindness. I step down from the bed, looking around the room, making sure there are no hidden cameras.

Being hood girl toughens you up. Survival is a must. I learnt a lot throughout my years of being with criminals of all kinds From drug dealers to mere petty thieves, I knew how to play the game. Aside all the numerous arrest I've encountered, I had to put my head in the game to survive, and this situation doesn't scare me.

After bring sure that there was no camera or microphone in the room, I walked the door to try the lock. And again, my artistry did magical things. Evie told me to go to her office on the second floor, the door to the extreme left, look for some papers that have her bold headed brother in law's name in it. After slide out of the door quietly, looking to my left, and to my right, before bolting to climb the stairs in the middle to the second floor.

As I reach the second floor, I go straight to her office, knocking the door to make sure it is empty. After 30 seconds of silence, I enter and immediately get to work of searching for the papers. Started looking into all the drawers, when I didn't find anything, I searched on her desk, papers were neatly arranged on the left side, her laptop in the middle and some silver horse artefact thing is right by the laptop. Weird shit staring at me. I didn't find anything, I stand there, looking around.

Wait, no idiot would keep papers that important, lying around in their office. Bedroom, of course. Problem is, now I don't know her bedroom. I think to myself.

Suddenly I hear footsteps, coming towards the office, so I rush to hide behind the door. It swings open, and the subtle smell of jasmine makes its way to my nose. I stand tall, making sure not to allow the door hit me. Immediately Anika makes way inside the office I run out.

Whewww, that was close. My racing heart, and pumping blood made me feel alive again. Like how I used to love and crave chaos, everywhere I go. I walk quietly down the stairs and back to my room, knowing Anika will come with a flimsy offer I'm supposed to accept. Blah blah

After two straight hours of boredom, a knock sounded on my door. I jerk up, preparing my pretty face. The knob clicks, turning and the door opens. She walks in, her jasmine perfume filling up the space in the room. Why do rich people always smell good? I ask myself and look at her, sweeping my eyes all over her curvy figure. My eyes go back to meet a stormy grey one. She is beautiful no doubt. Probably mid 40s, with a pitch black hair, full lips that a painted a bloody red and high cheekbones that have been contoured, not forgetting the slightly stronger jaw.

She looks at me and smiles. This smile can fool a king into thinking she is the sweetest person. She could fool men of power into giving her everything they own, she looks ready to devour me with those sexual eyes. I admit I've kissed a number of girls at clubs or jail but being lesbian was out of my 100 things to do before dying, especially with a woman like that.

"I have your cigar." She utters and takes out the brown stick. I collect it from her, placing the tip between my teeth, she lights it up "liking your new room?" She asks curiosity furrowing her brows and I shrug huffing out a smoke after inhaling deeply "Yes".

I see her lips curl up in a smirk-like smile full of malice through the smoke.
I taken a look at the initials on the cigar, immediately recognising the famous Robusto cigar, Ashton Magnum to be precise. I'm familiar with this cigar because of my ex boyfriend Reginald. This dumb nigga would always steal this from his criminal boss and we would smoke it in his amazing penthouse. I smile at the fond memory and I look into her face, taking in the light lines of wrinkles running from the corner of her lips when she smiles.

She smiles more, looking satisfied that I love it.

I love a good cigar, nothing personal.

"Cara? Right?" Her breath smells like mint, mixed with gin. She comes closer to my face, holding my face in her palms as she caresses it. I nod, smoking my Robusto, loving the slight burn in my throat. She raises my chin up, and give my neck a feather light kiss, dragging her teeth across the sensitive spot. My breath hitch a little and she raises her head slightly to look at me.

"How about I make you an offer." She speaks against the sensitive spot on my neck. I flutter my eyes close, as she inhales my scent.

"What offer?" I ask quietly, barely hearing myself.

"Coconut and vanilla." She says, sounding impressed with how my skin smells. "Hey, lady." I snap and she moves her head away from my neck and I give her a tight smile. "Not a lesbian. If you wanna talk, stay the fuck away from my body." She laughs, very heartily and I see crinkles forming at the sides of her eyes. She moves back, creating some distance between us. I huff out smoke and I watch her inhale it.

"Hand Evie to me on a silver platter and I'll make you so rich." Now it is my turn to laugh. Money? She was offering money in exchange for my friend? That girl is a fucking billionaire, she could buy virtually her entire empire and would still have more money left. But Evie spoke about allowing her to think she is in control, and so I have to agree to everything.....blah blah. I didn't pay attention to the rest. Anika looks between my turquoise eyes, waiting for my response.

Casually, and with a long shrug, dragging the cigar into my lungs, huffing out a shit load of smoke I respond "Sure."

She looks at me, confusion drawn across her face. I ask her why, and she smiles. "Evie is a rich bitch, but she hardly give a fuck about me. I like money, I only pay allegiance to money. I will betray even myself for it." After I was done I walked toward her, reaching to grab her long manicured fingers.

"Never trust a tall girl who likes Robusto cigar." I say darkly, in a low tone, looking directly into her grey ones. She gives me a smile and I return it with a tight one of my own.

Whewwww.

Cara!!!!!

I'm so excited about their combo, and best believe you will be seeing more.

Also I don't want anyone who is part of the LGBTQ+ community to get upset by anything I wrote in this chapter.

I love all humans and respect everyone's decision about their choices but I have a right to not accept it as a straight woman. So sorry for any type of feelings you may have towards this book.

What did you think of this chapter?

This is the first time we have heard Cara's voice. What do you think of her character? And that Reginald boyfriend, will it be significant?

We all know that Cara is pretending to accept Anika's proposal but does Anika really believe it?

Please don't forget to vote comment and share. More spammmms, more sexy time.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I'm very tired.