♤The queen's fall♤

......Evie.......

.......35.........

Death.

It is the fear of men. The ultimate truth that everyone refuses to accept. As I clench my chest, the bullet piercing through my heart, I remember my toothless smiles, my happy feet as I bounced up and down in my garden back in Ireland. I see the face of my tormentors next, it comes in hard, to push the happy memories away, even though I try to grasp it; it slips out of my head. The darkness takes over, I hear screams, mostly from Cara as gunshots follow. I allow the darkness to take over me, allowing my body to fall to the ground with a heavy thud.

“Evie! Evie! Fuck. You cunt, you can’t fucking die on me.” *Gunshots* I see a blurry image of us, in high school, making trouble for teachers and running out of classrooms. She is my happy memory, she is the light and I never saw past it. I cough, as blood spills out of my mouth.

“Put pressure on her wound.” Cara shouts on someone and his strong arms is on my chest. Ari. Him, the love I wish I got but never had. He saw past my mistakes, but I had made too many to allow him make more with me.

Time stops, everything looks grey, the colour on everyone’s faces draining. It is the past, present and a blank future at once. My head feels heavy as I am carried away from the noise. The strong arms I found comfort in, that same arms places me gently on a stretcher.

“Evie...please stay with me baby.” That name makes me giddy. Like a teenage girl on drugs, loving for the first time. I smile, my blood coloured teeth staring back at him.

“Fuck” He curses when more blood spills out of my already bleeding chest. “She is losing too much blood. We need to leave here Cara.” He shouts out and I feel more hands on me, before I give in to the darkness.

The cold, darkness and pain engulfs me as I hear the honk of a horn. I’m pulling through the pain but it is impossible to stay above ground and the more I think of it all, the more it stays quiet. The darkness takes me to the night I left the Ivanov mansion after planning it for five years. I was meticulous, precise. I placed the legal drug under my pillow, waiting for Dimitri to come to bed. He always knew whenever something wasn’t quite right, so I practiced how to give nothing away.

“I want you to please me tonight.” He said to me, looking into my eyes with a heavy gaze filled with carnal passion. I felt utterly exposed, tightening my hands into fists as I went down on my knees and did what I was told. In the moment of his bliss, even then he was guarded. Two syringes in my bra.
“Good work my queen.” He looked down at me and pat my head like a puppy. I leaned into his touch like I always did and stood up.
“You look beautiful tonight. “ He compliments me and I nod, waiting for the right time. Dimitri walks into the bathroom, and I follow closely behind him.

As he splashes water across his face, I pull the first syringe containing the lethal drug and stick it in his right leg. He howls in pain, trying to reach out for me but I duck.
“You bitch.” He growls, the drug starting to take effect.
“how dare y-you” his voice slows, his breathing starts getting heavy and I stick the second one in his neck. His limp body falls down with a thud.

Vladislav is away for a meeting, making my escape far easier. I get out of the room, clutching the blade in my hand as I walk towards the library. The weird tradition of the Ivanov brothers to make announcements through a microphone never ceases to amaze me. Through the microphone I speak.

“Your king is down. I repeat your king is down. This is a coup, any man who wishes to challenge queen Ivanov should come and find me. May the best man win.” With that I press on the red button and the lights of danger go off. I walk to the control room, killing the guards stationed at the entrance. Immediately I enter, the three guards turn around to face me with guns in the hands.