♤I'm 26♤

.......30.......

.......Evie......

---------------------------------
Two hours after my shower, Cara walks into my room again, it is already past midnight and I notice she has dried tears on her face. I raise a brow at her and she sniffs. It is unlike Cara to cry, even when she is one problem away from a mental breakdown. I move close to her and she engulfs me in a hug. Her body shakes and I hear her muffled cry, the tears soaking my nightgown.
“Shhhhh...” I coo rubbing my hands up and down her back to soothe the pain and comfort her. She releases herself from my hold and wipes her face with the back of her hand, sighing. “I called Reginald....I don’t k-know why I did it but I shouldn't have." A sniff "Why?" I ask softly and she chuckles lightly " His deep voice sounded hoarse and thick and he-”
I catch on to what she means, before she can even complete the sentence and I pull her in for another hug, holding her tighter.

My big baby, all her emotions are never expressed but I know she loves Reginald despite their sick and twisted relationship. When she pulls out of my hold again, she sniffs and chuckles lightly “I’m so annoyed that you are seeing me this way, especially over that douchebag” I give her a smile that doesn’t reach my eyes, and she rolls hers.
“Let’s go get shit faced “ She tells me and I nod. Honestly we both need to be reminded that we are 26 and hot. I get dressed in my closet, wearing a mid thigh black dress, that shows a lot of cleavage. I put on minimal make up, wear my heels and walk out my room to meet Cara downstairs. She is wearing a maroon two piece outfit, the skirt is short and the top which has no hands has a thin string that is tied at her back. I look at her and wonder how Reginald can be so stupid to hurt her.

“Shall we?” I ask her and she nods, pulling a cigarette from the packet and putting between her teeth before lighting it, huffing out some smoke. As we reach the door, I hear footsteps and turn around to see Ari at the top of the stairs, hands in his sweatpants. He looks at me, eyeing my outfit before descending the stairs and walking towards me.

“I want to know where you two are going so I can pick up after you are done. “ He says and Cara looks at me for some sort of approval, I nod at her and walk out of the house, leaving her to tell him. After a few minutes she emerges from the house and we leave.  As usual, she drives above the speed limit and I wear my seat belt for my own sake. We arrive at the club and I must admit I miss the air of alcohol and sweat from dancing bodies. Cara sighs and we walk past the people in line, handing the bouncer a load of cash before walking into the VIP section.

Cara orders tequila for the both of us and I down it immediately, welcoming the burn as it slides down my throat, the music from the loud speakers filling my ears with each song. Another shot of tequila comes and by the time we know it, we are a giggling mess, trying not to sound stupid. “Men are fuck ups” She says after a minute, downing more tequila, now I don’t know how many glasses we have had but I know I feel light headed. I nod at her statement, taking in more of the burning liquid. After a whole of talking about how shitty our lives have become and what we would do to my dumb father, my eyes roam around and they meet death.

“fuck....” I say and Cara slur a “what..Evie? . I down my tenth shot of tequila and she looks to the direction of my eyes. “Arturo?” She shouts over the loud music and I nod. Is that not one of your fucked up husband’s business associates. “ I nod and I add “the very one I fucked to take business associates. “ I nod and I add “the very one I fucked to take the consignment that was meant for Dimitri “ Her mouth forms and ‘O’ and just then Arturo spots me, his eyes turn into slits and I start thinking of the closest exit.
“Cara, call Ari now.” I tell her without looking at her, a hint of panic in my already slurry voice and she nods. From the corner of my blurry vision, I see her removing her phone from her clutch purse, fumbling with the keypad and I see her press the phone to her ear before Arturo reaches the VIP section where we are sitting.