♤Up in Flames♤

.....Evie....

....25.......

It’s been 14 days.

How did I know? Anika brought me a calendar and a grandpa clock that ticks so loudly, oddly to remind me of the time she so much conceive is not on my side. The small room started to stink, maybe it is because of the lack of ventilation or it is because of the bad odour coming from me due to the sweat from the unbearable heat.

All I have done for the past two weeks is wait, wait for Cara to get the information we are looking for but she still hasn’t come, that gets me very worried. I haven’t drunk a lot of water or eaten any good food in the past fourteen days. Anika is trying to get into my head because she knows she can’t hurt me physically or she can but it won’t be of any good use.

I dont care about any kind of physical pain, I have already made my peace with that suffering. As I sit in the darkness, I hear the door knob clicks and turn. The door creak and I raise my head to meet eyes with the storm, the chaos I’ve been craving for the past two weeks.  She smiles at me and gently closes the door behind her. She runs towards me, engulfing me in one of her bone crashing hugs. The very one I pretend to hate.

“Stop...choking...me” I manage to breathe out as she fiercely hugs my lungs out.
“I have missed you baby....” she say, detaching herself from me as she scrunches her nose “ you wreak” She says and let’s go off me, smiling one more time. I give her a pointed look and she giggles.
“I haven’t found anything about your bald headed brother in law or your father in her archive, personal library or even in her drawers, on her laptop...” She shrugs as she says the last part.

“Nothing. It’s like she has erased every trace of them from her system. “ she continues to tell me and it only confirms my suspicion. The fact that Anika is bigger than what I have already discovered and I should find more.
“ Maybe... we don’t need those documents.” I smirk “ I have a wild theory about Anika.” I blurt out to her, seeing her curiosity peak up. She folds her hands on her chest “I’m listening.” A mischievous excitement laced in her voice.

“I’ve been thinking about Anika, about the connection she has with the Ivanov brothers, her dealings with my father and the most important question how she knows Ari. She took over her father’s criminal empire after his sudden death. A death she caused? Most of my digging about that death hut a dead end. The case went cold after the FBI didn’t get any evidence to prove that Anika did it.”
“So?..” She asks curiously  trying to process the depth of my analysis. “if we want to bring her down and ruin her empire, we have to start from the beginning.” She smiles slyly and I already see that chaotic brain working 12miles per hour. “Anika either killed her father or hired someone to do it. Our best bet is finding the murder weapon or the person she hired“
“And where do you think she would keep something like that...the weapon, I mean.?” Her look says it all. She mirrors my thinking and I know we are both on the same page.

“Her father’s house. Whatever information we want, only that house can provide.” She smiles so widely that I begin to think it will break her cheekbones.
“So....” she announces, dragging her voice. I nod, already knowing what her question is.
“its time for me to cause some chaos?”
“Yes baby, burn this house to the ground.” I say in a low tone and she giggles.

---------------------------------

After a few minutes, she unties me and we head out to the direction of the place Anika has kept Ari. As I walk down the basement, my heart pounds against my chest, the unsettling feeling of rejection is gnawing. What if he doesn’t want to leave? I ask myself as I descend the stairs and meet eyes with him. My chest tightens at the bloody sight of him.
His brown eyes, now black around the outer part and blood red around the irises holds anger when it settles on me. He scoffs, as I walk carefully towards him wishing things and circumstances were different. Wishing we hadn’t met at a night club and feasted on lust. Wishing he hasn’t tied up by a delusional middle aged woman who enjoyed having him in her bed for the obsession of it. Wishing I wasn’t an Irish princess set to take over the throne after her father. The one who has caused his absolute doom.