♤ Anika ♤

~~~~~41~~~~~

~~~Anika~~~~

The beginning of a man's misfortune always starts from his parent's mistakes and associations with certain people. I don't blame the fury rage that lines Ari's brows as I tell him about the reason why he was my captive all his life. A story of two friends- driven by a thirst for power and riches, ends up as enemies, slaughtering everyone and everything in the way to be at the apex of the pyramid.

Ari stares at me, as I return the gaze. The tension in the room thick with a menacing pain that both of us probably share. I was the daughter of the man that took everything away from his father which drove him off the edge and then his mother without any mercy tainted his last bit of happy childhood.

A mom, a dad and a sister beside a Christmas tree opening presents as the holidays begin. A cup of hot cocoa sits by the tree on the brown coffee table. The perfect holiday, mixed with the cold of the snow, a breeze cold enough to freeze them. The blankets help keep them warm, as the fire in the fireplace provides enough heat for the sanctuary of their home.

"Well- as I started" I say again as Suillivan's hard glare pins me to the uncomfortable chair I was currently in. "My father was a Russian scumbag who owed no allegiance to anyone except money. He met your father Gustavo when he went to Mexico for some work as a teenager and they formed an alliance which benefited my father especially for the longest time.

My father had later gotten too close to Gustavo that he felt threatened that he would become a problem for him. He needed a way to get rid of him but he couldn't do it without getting one last favor. He got a tip from his many contacts that the Cubans were exporting some gold to Mexico and it was huge amount of money. It was 300 million dollars. Yulian decided to involve your father as he was the best person for the job.

After they stole it, my father transferred the gold into a vault in Russia and asked for the assassination of your father so that he could keep it all. At the time your whore of a mother had both men wrapped around her finger, earning Yuliana's trust by promising to keep an eye of Gustavo and earning Gustavo's trust by saving his life. Your mother-"

"I don't believe you." He whispers, cutting me off. I shake my head in pity, pursing my lips as I stare at him. "Poor boy doesn't believe his mother was the true monster." I say in a mock pity tone and he stares at me with glassy eyes.

"Well Maria was a seductive whore who was only interested in the gold as much as the two men were. She needed to get both men out of the way and what better way than to help them kill each other?" I ask no one in particular and Cara lights up another cigar, just quietly listening to us.

" it's quite unfortunate that your parents were shitty- honestly I wished it were different. And I know you won't believe me but I know how having a shitty parent feels like" I whisper the last part more to myself. The room goes quite a second too long and I speak up again to break it.

"Well as I said your mother was a Suka who played two deadly criminals. After a few years when the assassination failed, your father stole the gold back and he drew the map on Lucia's right hip. If you look closely it looks like a simple skull drawing but there are dots in the skull that are coordinates but there is still a key that can open the vault that no one knows not even your mother. When my father did all he could to find the gold but failed, your mother helped him as they were still in contact. Your father found out and your mother killed him. She run to Russia and my father promised to help her but lied. All of you became our prisoners and then he died blah blah here you are." I say with a tight smile.

Ari's face contorts into a frown built in disgust as he stares down at me. Cara pushes herself off the stack of cocaine that is in the warehouse, walking to my direction.

"Well we have heard the very touching story of the dancer but I only need one thing. The drive."

I cackle, hard as tears spring from my eyes at her request. She looks blankly at me, taking a long drag of her cigar as she blows out the smoke before her hands comes across my face in a hard slap. My head swings to the side and blood trickles down the corner of my lips. She crouches down and grabs my jaw, moving my head to look at her. Her eyes were cold, it looks almost lifeless as her gaze roams the muscles of my face. She is intimidating, that much I can acknowledge but I've seen too much intimidation in this lifetime. People big and small, tall and short. More dangerous than the gods, have all succumbed to my whimps. I'm not scared, or at least I won't show that I am. I smile at her, baring my bloodied teeth and she gives me one right back.

"Listen to me. I have two minutes left before my rage takes over; makes this easy for you." She grits out and with a smile I say "Go fuck your dead friend Cara."

She nods and let's go off my face. She turns to Ari, the poor boy is just shocked and disoriented and I feel proud because I caused it. She nods with her head and he gives me one last glance before walking towards the door.

"Oh Ari." I call to him and he stops, looking over his shoulder. "I hope your princess finds rest with the monsters in hell." He walks out and Cara turns to look at me. She wears her knuckle rings, stretching her neck from left to right.

"You're all mine now." Her dark gaze is trained on me as she speaks. I've seen love, ooze out of people. I've stared at revenge in the face countless of times. Even hate, I've danced with it a couple of times. But Cara's pain and thirst for my blood was different. It was passionate, cruel and hungry. As her ringed knuckles met my face over and over again, breaking my nose and splitting my facial muscles in half I recollect the years I danced with the devil. I dance of passion I had in his cage. Dark and demented, a cage I was pushed into by a selfish sick father. A fate I decided not to fight as I hurt men and women alike.

Cara sends her fist into my eyes, shutting it close and the unbearable pain sears through me. I've always pictured how I would die. By a gun? By a knife? By my own hands? I was always uncertain. As Cara keeps destroying my face I thought of the begin and the end. Isn't it the perfect fairytale? Happily Ever After?

I start to feel numb, the pain is finally not taking over my senses and I fall deep into the abyss of torture. As the darkness thickens, I see her. A dark silhouette, in the shadows, calling out to me to embrace my fate. A fate I as lot of people begged to not encounter as I stood above their pale bodies.

It is now my turn.

She stops and I see her ghostly figure stand above me as she sucks my soul out of my body.

Death is the perfect realism. The truth of the lives of mortals and as flimsy as we are, we still choose to fight the gods of war and carnage. We flee from what has been inscribed in the stone created for man. Oh how we wish we would be different, we crave immortality and we wrestle with the unknown to receive it. But here we are; mere mortals at the mercy of the power we cannot escape. Death is merciless as she sucks me out off the confines of my life. Life fights, eagerly to stay but death in its brutal way does not forgive me and my plight is met with a shake of her head. Cruelty and chaos defines her. A personification of carnage.

I'm lost in the abyss of darkness and hades and in the space I see the monsters and the gods. They all cry out to me, a sob.

Enjoy this chapter