♤The King's Rules♤

38

  -------
  EVIE
  --------

An hour to the incident.

I stare into Dimitri’s cold grey eyes. The eyes of death and carnage, the blood of mortals sits on the throne of his heart as he glares at me. I don’t show fright, even though I am more than frightened. I don’t know long we stand in the tensed room, staring into each other’s eyes as the breathe of betrayal lingered with each passing time.

It is loud and infuriating, the only sound that can be heard is the soft whimpers that suddenly comes from behind Anika. Her shadowy figure in the dark prevents us from seeing the person. But when I look over at Ari, he looks flustered.

“Queen Ivanov. Pleasure” Dimitri’s hard cold voice echoes in the space around us, bouncing off the walls in a rhythmic motion. Vladislav stands tall beside his brother, a cigar between his teeth and a sinister smile across his lips.

“Need I remind you that you are surrounded. It will be best if you tried...diplomacy. “ His voice smooth and dangerously calm came out again, grazing my already tingling ears. Cara clocks a brow at his words, she pulls the trigger of her machine gun and aims it at his head.

He chuckles lightly with a menacing glare.“I don’t advice that.” Vladislav chimes in and I just watch them, patiently waiting for an opening. His head moves into the direction of Ari, then he sneers. “So this is the reason why you are causing so much chaos in Cuba huh?” He looks at him with disapproval and Ari clenches his hand tightly around the gun. Anika suddenly moves away from the dark, the image of a body trailing behind her as she drags her out, beaten and bruised.

“Lucia!!” Ari shouts, his voice startles me a bit as it shakes the very foundation of the room. Anika smirks and all three of them stand there as the three of us stand opposite them. They are not armed, and my logic starts to run a mile.

Why was everywhere so quiet? Where the fuck are my men and why are they not here? Dimitri smirks, cocking his head to the side as he studies me, already realising the questions I have in my head.

“All your men are dead Queen. So as it stands now, you and your merry band are alone.” Cara let’s out a throaty laugh that makes her body shake with it. When she stops abruptly and with a scowl on her face she raises her gun to fire several bullets into the concrete above us. The debris falling on the floor.

“Look you piece of shit. I didn’t get a chance to empty my gun in you last time because you were piece of fucking vegetable. But fuck around today and I swear your brother won’t find pieced of your body to bury.” Her voice is hard and cold. She speaks with such finality it makes me proud of her. “Queen, you’re awfully quiet. Haven’t you missed Me?” Dimitri’s gaze falls back to me and I return it, clamping my mouth shut. The less I say, the better.

He starts taking long strides towards me and Cara moves into attack mode, surprisingly Ari does same. Just then men start trooping in into the basement, none of them I recognise. Dimitri stops right in front of me and I can feel his heat. “Hey Russian scum, be careful. I won’t hesitate to decorate your brother’s face with your brain.” Cara spits as she walks closer, keeping her gun close to his head.

“Cara it’s fine. If he wanted me dead, he would have done it when he walked through that door.” I sat this, still keeping my gaze on him. He smirks and raises his hand to stroke my face but Ari goes to grab his wrist. He shakes his head in disagreement and Dimitri grins.

“Fiesty.” He whispers and glances over at Anika who is standing behind him. “Can I have him for the night?” All three of us, scrunches in disgust and he laughs. “relax, not in the way you are thinking.”