Duty

(Himeko's pov)

That night I did my nightly watch on Itachi's house. Fugaku had told me that he's been feeling unfamiliar presences coming close to the house. That was a month ago. I've been sitting in a tree near their home but far away to where the intruders won't see/feel my presence.

I kept a watchful eye on the house, my sharigan turned on. My eyes narrowed when I saw two presences appear in front of Itachi's window. I sneakily peeked over a branch to see them preparing some kind of jutsu.

I took out three kunais and threw it at them. They looked back at the kunais and jumped away. I pulled the kunais back with chakara strings. They dodged them a second time before jumping away on the roof tops.

I quickly did hand signs for a shadow clone before following in pursuit of the two men.

They led me away to an open field far away from the village and near a fast passing river. I stared at them, with my hood over my head and my mask up so no one recognized me. I turned off my sharigan so I could keep it as a surprise.

They both wore masks, but had no ANBU tattoo mark. "The Foundation." I slightly growled. "What do you two want with Itachi Uchiha?" I asked them.

"It's none of your business," One said to me. I glared while taking out a kunai from my pouch. "Guess we'll do it the hard way then." I muttered.

They both took out kunais and threw it at me, but I easily blocked. I threw my kunai and they separated. One did a jutsu and a water dragon came out of the nearby river and came for me. The other one did the same.

Now I had two water dragons coming after me.

I did hand signs quickly before jumping back as the two dragons clashed to make one huge dragon coming at me at full speed.

"Fire style: Fire ball jutsu!" I yelled as a huge fireball protected me. The dragon was destroyed while my jutsu kept rolling towards the two ninja who jumped away.

The ball of fire created a crater in the mountain wall nearby. I blocked the foot of one of the ninjas and the fist of the other. I used the first ninja to throw against the one who tried to punch me causing them to sprawl across the floor.

"Lightning style: Body of light!" I yelled as lightning covered me and I slammed my hands on the ground causing the electrical currents to flow through the ground.

One of them got off the ground while the second one wasn't fast enough and ended up getting caught in my jutsu.

"CAPTAIN!" The one who escaped shouted as his captain screamed in agony. When I knew he was dead for sure I canceled my justsu. "Bastard." the last one growled as he threw kunais at me. I jumped out of the way of the kunais but I didn't see he had strings attached to them as he pulled them back.