Dependent

(3rd pov)

Itachi and Sasuke stared wordlessly at the grinning male from the funeral. The two Uchihas had kept themselves cooped up in their own rooms. Seeing their despondent attitude, Mikoto took manners into her own hands and forced the boys to head out to buy food.

Many said their condolences to the boys as they walked through the streets. Itachi smiled and humbly accept them. Sasuke kept his head bent down with his tiny hand squeezing his brother's tightly to keep himself from crying.

"Why such a long face Uchihas?"

Sasuke wiped the corners of his eyes while Itachi's expression became expressionless. "We just lost someone very precious to us...it's a bit hard to move on," He responded as leveled as he could.

'Why is the Leader of Waving Lanterns still here?' Itachi wondered. The male opened his closed eyes, his smile becoming more mischevious.

"Well you know what they say Itachi-san, the dead never really leave."

Itachi's eyes widen. The male quickly wiped the knowing smirk off his face and dropped to a squat in order to be the same height as Sasuke. "Hello little cutie~ What's your name?" He asked in a singing voice.

Sasuke hid behind Itachi's leg, just barely peeking. The male laughed loudly. "Shy fellow aren't you? Ja, how bout I introduce myself?"

Sasuke didn't respond, just continued to stare.

"My name is Shotaru Hazumei, leader of the Village of Swinging Lanterns. Himeko and I were really good friends. I owe an eternal debt to her." When Shotaru had mentioned his and Himeko's friendship, Sasuke slightly peeked his head further out.

"You...knew Big Sister?"

Shotaru nodded vigorously. "She was basically part of the family! She helped deliver 4 of my wife's children!" He exclaimed, holding out 4 fingers. Itachi raised a brow, wondering,' When did she have time to do that?'