Sorry

(Himeko's pov) 

Stars littered the dark skies. Horses came rolling down the high mountains, leaving the rustling of shops signs in their stead. My mind continued to replay today's earlier events. 'Good going. Now Sasuke's definitely going to become anxious.' 

I walked down the dirt road aisles of the village alone. Despite the heavy aroma of freshly made dangos and cooked ramen, I couldn't even think about my appetite. My mind was too busy contemplating on what my next steps would be. Convincing the clan to leave their foolish idea was pointless and their survival would only last based on the quality of information I'd gather of them and report to the Elders. 

'If I wait any longer for Itachi to make his decision, it'll be too late. Maybe I can make a deal with the Council....a deal for Itachi's and Sasuke's life to be spared...' 

Nimble steps reverted back to my ears, stopping my thoughts. I came to a slow halt in the nearly deserted area of the village. The steps followed. I narrowed the corner of my eyes before continuing on. 

'Took them long enough.' I grumbled in thought. I kept walking until I reached to a completely isolated area. 

Before I could greet my persecutors, a barrage of kunais were headed towards me from behind. I looked over my shoulder with my sharingan already activated. For a second, to what actually felt like an hour, everything turned to negative colors and the world slowed down.

The only thing that moved in normal speed was myself. I walked through the barrage and transported to where one of the men hid on the roof. He wore the Uchiha police crest on the arms of his uniform. 

He was young, no doubt a recent recruit. A young man who wanted to fight for his clan and justice. 'Fool.' Once behind him and a kunai at his throat, I allowed time to return. 

The tearing, thuds, and clanking from the kunais resounded through the area. The male in front of me gasped and questioned their mistake aloud. However, he stopped once feeling my presence and the sharp blade just below his chin. His eyes looked back at my emotionless face. 

"You should've done your homework, rookie." I taunted. He liftchis hands in a sign of surrender. "Come on out!" I yelled for the others. 

At first, there was no movement amongst the faded color rooftops, but then two figures peeked out from a nearby chimney. I scanned their features- both as young as the male beneath my hold with twin glares. 

"Aren't you Kinoto's boy? Karma?" I asked one of the hatchlings. He sneered. "You have no right to say  her name so familiarly, traitor."

"Traitor?" 

"We heard," the one beside him spoke up," the rumors of you going rogue from the clan. You're willing to betray your own family for a bunch of self-centered villagers!" 

I merely sighed at his fiery conviction, "Now I see," I muttered exhaustedly. I looked at them sternly, a bit annoyed at the current dilemma they were causing me.