Cynicism

(3rd pov)

The sun blinded the blue skies with its glare. Birds flew high into its embrace. Below the blue sea, people crowded into the arena. Today was to be the day of either horror or change. 

Shisui glanced back at Itachi, who sat beside his parents and little brother. He wore a blank expression. Even his eyes were unreadable. Shisui turned to the arena floor with a worrisome expression. 

Himeko stood proudly on one side with the proctor  standing in the middle. The entire arena was filled with un-suportive Uchiha members. Even the Second Branch was silently sneering. The only ones who seemed to show concern for the girl was Shisui, Sasuke & his mother, the Hokage, Isoroku, and all the Chunnin/Jounin members.

(Kakashi, Gai, Azuma, Kurenai and Iruka) 

Each of them were stunned that Himeko was even able to stand. Isoroku, knowing full well of how she was able to do it, gripped the railing tightly.

A wind blew dirt from the floor into the air as Himeko's first opponent made their appearance. "Hn, been a longtime...Himeko." the female sneered. "Hmph. Not long enough, Hina." The two stared hatefully and challengingly at each other.

The proctor cleared his throat before speaking. 

"This is an official Death match. Anything is allowed. The Hokage has alternated the rules a bit for this ceremony. If a shinobi is unable to hold a blade or stand fully, then an automatic forfeit will be called." He turned his head to the Hokage who nodded subtly.

"The Hokage and head of the Uchiha clan have agreed and formally do count themselves responsible for the outcomes of this match. Get ready..!" 

Himeko and Hina both took fighting stances.

"You best put up a good fight ex-Uchiha." Hina spat. 

"You'll be dead in 10 seconds." Himeko stated confidently, placing her hand on the handle of her sword.