Chapter 11: Confusion And Questions

Jaddu's POV:-

"I have a question though. You are Akansha Mittal, not Mehra. But that day you introduced yourself to the team as Mehra."

I was thinking out loud and I blurted the first thing that came into my mind.

"Are you married?! Oh fuck! No no no no no.... You can't be married." My voice rose a little and even I could sense that my voice sounded wounded and scared. I was in hysterics. I didn't even know why I was feeling what I was feeling.

It was like I had lost her all over again, like my heart had been ripped out of my chest and tossed carelessly around. I pushed her hand back softly and if I could have walked I would have probably stood up and got away from her. She had never been mine but yet I felt like shit.

"No, I'm not married you idiot! Mom never changed back her name after she left that asshole and so I inherited it after birth. I didn't want anything to do with a person like him so I got my name changed to my mom's surname before marriage. She was my everything and she deserves it." She explained and I felt like my heart was back in it's place. I looked off to the side, not meeting her eyes.

"So, you are single?" I asked her just to be sure.

A smirk came on her face but before she could reply there was a knock on the door.

She stood up and walked over to the door and I tried to see who it was by peeping over her shoulder.

I saw a guy standing behind the door holding up a bag but he wasn't wearing the hotel uniform so I knew that he was not a bellboy.

Akku shielded me from his vision but I could see that he still had eyes only for her. They talked for a few seconds before he nodded. He bend down to kiss her cheek and the way he was looking at her made my blood boil. I was jealous and I knew it.

The guy left thereafter and Akku came back in with a smile on her face. As much as her smile made me feel good, I didn't like that he was the reason for it, as selfish as it sounded.

She had the bag that person had got in her hand and she placed it off to a side before looking at me again. I arched an eyebrow at her as if to ask her who that was.

"Umm, Dhruv was just here to give me clothes, seeing as I have to stay here for some time." She explained.

"Why did he have your clothes?" I asked trying to keep the accusations out of my voice. Emphasis on trying.

She was the one who arched an eyebrow this time telling me to mind my tone yet she answered me nonetheless.

"He is one of my friend's brother. She had packed my clothes for me but he came to deliver it because she was a little busy to drive till here." She told me and I nodded relieved.

"And to answer your question, I am single. I never had time to get into a relationship. Plus, I have no one I can trust. I just can't. Not after what I saw him do to mom." Her voice hardened when she referred to her father but then she looked at the floor shyly as she said the next words which left me shocked and happy at the same time. "Except for you I could never trust anyone."