Chapter 25: A Nasty Encounter

I had almost no time to react when he lunged at us. All I could do was pull Akku out of the way.

Thankfully, his aim was right at her and as she had moved a metre to the side he missed by a long margin. It also told me that he was drunk. There was a strong stench coming from him and his movement, though clear was a little slow. It was hard to assess if it was good for us or bad. Even though his movements were slow, his mind was slirred which meant he wasn't in his senses, making him that much more dangerous.

He made a deep growl sound from the back of his throat and turned towards us. I stood infront of Akku as a shield.

"Dude, you're drunk and out of your senses. You can keep the knife away, and then we can talk as civilised beings." I spoke slowly and softly, hoping to engage him in conversation to distract him enough.

He, however, paid me no attention, looking at Akku the whole time.

"You bitch!" He spat at Akku. "You are the reason my wife left me! We were perfect, perfect! She was happy with me. But then you came along, and she left me. It's all because of you, and now I'll make you pay for destroying my family."

"She left you because you used to beat her! And she did what she should have done." Akku screamed back equally enraged.

He leapt towards Akku again but this time something pushed me off to a side. I stumbled and put my hands on the wall beside me to keep from falling, then I looked back at Akku fighting with her father and felt that I was hallucinating for a moment.

Akku held his knife hand in a tight grip and punched his arm right at the elbow joint. He yelped and dropped the knife which gave her more leverage to subdue him.

All I could do was stand and watch in awe as Akku kicked her own father in his stomach before puching his nose. He was down on the ground in a matter of seconds with her knee keeping him down. This girl was full of surprises.

The police chose that very moment to barge in and the rest that happened was all a blur.

The next moment of clarity happened to me when Akku and me were in the hospital. We had no injuries but aunty was not as lucky. She had suffered many injuries, but thankfully none of them were severe.

Akku's father had been arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder along with charges of domestic violence put up against him.

I wanted to be strong for Akku but it was hard to even speak about what had happened. After aunty was discharged from the hospital, I drove them both over to their house and let them talk and decided not to disturb them for atleast a day.

They needed some time to review what all had happened in that hectic day and I was wanted in the police station to give my statement.