chapter 26

"yes I'm fine" I reply coldly looking into his emerald green eyes. He looked into my soul. As if he wanted to eat me. He takes a step towards me and raises his hand. I flinch thinking he's going to hit me. He just caresses my cheek and look at me confused.

"Did you think I was going to hurt you?" he says and coughs seriously. I don't answer.

A memory comes to my mind.

The merciless beating I received from my father.

The bruises

The red marks

Even "the big hole"

I haven't told anyone about it and no one has asked me yet.

I have covered it with a tattoo.

SILENCE

I enter the house after the accident with Raffaello. My first and only boy friend. We were both drunk even though we were only 14. I had escaped from the window of my room to go to a party. Raffaello was waiting for me outside with his motorcycle.He was 4 years older than me and just took his licence

''Hola, hermoso'' he says and I laugh

"hola mi jefe" I say and he smirks. He motions for me to get on. I grab him around the waist. He turns on the engine but shuts it off abruptly.

"vete a la mierda sofía [Damn you Sofia]" he says and I wonder what he's referring to.

"¿Qué hice de nuevo? [what did I do?]'' I say and look at him confused

"¿Qué es esto? [what are these again?]'' he says and gets out of the car. He points to my bruised hands.

"¿La puta te golpeó de nuevo? [Did ur bitch father hit you again?]'' he says angrily, raising his hands high and asking God for mercy.

"I'm sorry" I say in English only.

''Hablar en español [speak in Spanish]'' he says and looks at me

''Lo siento [sorry]'' I say and lower my head.

"no necesitas disculparte [no need to apologize]" he replied

We got back on the motorcycle and started for our destination. To be precise, we never got there. Halfway down the road, Raffaello looked at my hands again and lost control of the motorcycle. We both fell down. The motorcycle fell on top of a mass of electricity and exploded. My legs were full of wounds and I looked everywhere for Raffaello but he was missing. I decided to go home. As soon as I got home I tried to climb the stairs at the tips so that my father wouldn't understand me. I had achieved my goal.....almost.....

Suddenly I step on a cracked wooden step and it creaks. The father turns his head sharply and looks at me.

"What are you doing here?" he shouts. I still remember his heavy and furious steps. Each step made me more and more afraid. He grabbed me by the hair and threw me down the stairs.

First pain

He came and kicked me

Second pain

"The day you go out is Friday and what day is today?"

"Saturday" I say through my tears.

"Stop crying, you're like a wounded stray dog"

He punches me in the stomach and drags me by my feet into the living room. He puts me on the couch and takes off his belt.

Obviously I understood what was going to happen.

I didn't stop him

I could not