Chapter Three

Still Monday 4:45pm

After sleeping and just panicking for most of the day, it finally time to go to Page's to just get yelled at some more, at least she can't kill me with two witnesses there. I really don't want to go; my stomach is killing me, and my head is spinning. I've left my bangle on my wrist, I'm going to need it to get through this meeting.

I slowly leave my apartment and walk the few buildings down to Page's. I have never seen this place look so empty, even the door says that it's closed, maybe they have forgotten, and I can just go back to bed.

As I hover by the door, it suddenly opens, Maria is on the other side opening the door enough to give me enough room to walk in. She shuts the door behind me and locks it.

"Do you want a drink or anything to take with you? We are all just sitting upstairs so people can't see in" Maria starts talking, I just shrug and shake my head. "Follow me then" she starts walking towards the back of the shop and then up a set of stairs coming into another reading nook where Wanda and Natasha are already sitting waiting for me. I take a seat opposite Natasha, so I have Wanda and Maria on either side of me. Maria places a bottle of water in front of me, I just smile at her a little, wanting to be anywhere else but here.

"So...like I said earlier we are to talk like adults, firstly think it's only fair if we start telling the full truth, so Lucy, I'm Wanda, I'm an English professor at the college, I only work here part time since Maria, my girlfriend owns this place, this is her full-time job" She's being so nice but still something is scaring me about all of this, I take a few sips of water needing to be strong for this.

"I'm sorry for not telling the full truth, I am 22 years old, I have just moved into this area since I transferred colleges after last year, just wanted a change. I understand that this can't continue since it's against the college's rules and you would be risking your job, I'm not sure what else there is to talk about, if you want you can pick up what you left at mine after this?" I quickly try to finish before I lose all my confidence, I rest my hands on the table, playing with the bangle on my wrist.

"Thank you for being understanding, I'm also sorry that I didn't tell you what my job was, I had guessed that you had just finished college and I didn't want to remind you of it straight away, I wanted a chance with you. Now I'm not sure about you, but I don't care about the college rules, this past week has been the best week of my life in a long time, even Maria agrees with that, she can see how much more I'm smiling around you, no wonder she gave me that cup of tea" Natasha is so calm while explaining, my heart is banging in my chest, she doesn't want this to end?

My eyes slowly raise up to meet her, she looks so calm. Her eyes still shining bright green, they were soft and welcoming, just like the day I first saw them. She still wanted to be with me, and I still wanted to be with her. This week has been amazing. I have never clicked with someone this fast, I only really wanted one friend this year to get through it but at this rate you might end up with three. The smile on my face grew, yes I wanted to be with her still, I felt safe with her for some reason, I haven't felt that long for some time.

"I would really like to carry this on Natasha, I don't want to get in the way of your job or anything, but if you're sure this can continue then I would like to give us a chance too, I felt a connection with you over the last week, something I haven't felt before, I've never really done relationships before either but I will like to try with you" my voice is calmer than before, holding eye contact with her to make sure she doesn't change her mind, but all I see is her desire for me.

"Lucy, would you do the honour of being my girlfriend?" Natasha reaches across the table and takes my hand. Slowly stroking across my knuckles. The calmness and the excitement rushes over me, the smile growing on my face.