Chapter Nineteen

Natasha's POV

I was awakened from my uncomfortable sleep on this old couch with Lucy still fast asleep cuddled into me, by JARVIS talking.

"Miss Romanoff, Fury has called a meeting for both yourself and Miss Davis" the AI says as I wake up. I look down to Lucy and slowly start to nudge her.

"малыш you need to wake up, Fury has called a meeting" I talk her softly knowing is isn't a morning person. But this time her eyes open wide and she's fully awake in seconds.

"Fury? Meeting? Is it a mission?" She asks almost excitedly, she is weird but I love her for it. I stand up and stretch while she does the same.

"Maybe малыш, I don't know, don't get your hopes up yet. Let's go and see what he wants shall we?" She grabs my hand and basically pulls me from the room and down to the meeting room while we join Fury and Maria. We both take seats around the table before he starts.

"We have found another old hydra base that has had some recent activity. These images show a lot of trucks coming and going, plus the power they're pulling from the grid is quite a lot. I need you Agent Romanoff to just stake the place out, I need reports of all goings on and if possible to see what's on the back of those trucks. Thinking 48 hours should be fine, the jet will leave within the hour." He stops talking and turns his attention towards Lucy.

"You will be going with Agent Romanoff BUT she is in charge, you do what she tells you to do, you don't question anything. I usually wouldn't allow you on a mission like this for your first outing but I believe your powers may come in handy for this and I trust that Agent Romanoff can keep personal feelings aside for the sake of the mission" he finished while pushing over some files to us both. He stands up and leaves the room without saying anything else.

"Let's go and get ready малыш" I say to Lucy while she reads over the file for the second time. We head up to our room and I pull out both our grab bags, they should last for a few days so will be enough. I put our suits in the bags since we aren't wearing them, just in case we need them.

I turn to Lucy who has just gotten out of the shower, she looks a little worried and isn't as smiling anymore, I pull her into a hug and kiss her head.

"What's up малыш?" I ask her while stroking her back where the towel has fallen from. She pulls away a little and looks into my eyes.

"I guess I'm just a little nervous, first mission and all. I know I was so excited and looking forward to this but now it's real and feels different" she answers and I just pull her back into a hug.

"It's normal to be nervous like you said it's your first mission but don't worry I'll be right there by your side at all times. Also we are only going to get information it's not like we are going into a fight малыш" I talk to her calmly while holding her tightly. She nods her head in my chest. Soon enough we both pulled apart and let her get dressed while I changed my clothes too. Once all dressed, she grabs the grabs using her powers so they follow behind us and we walk hand in hand towards the jet.

I check over the jet controls while Lucy checks over our supplies, the place is quite remote so we both will be staying on the jet while on this mission.

"We have enough for about a week so plenty since we should only be gone for 3 days with the travel too" Lucy tells me as she joins me up front in the jet.

"Great, I like having extra incase. The jet is already too, let's get going" I replied while buckling myself into the pilot seat while she buckle's up next to me. I close the rear door to the jet before the door to the hangar opens. I control the jet for it to take off and take it out of the compound and into the sky. Once it's high enough I turn on the auto-pilot and the shielding so no one will be able to see us.