Chapter Eight

Natasha POV

We were all just sitting in the living area, most of us didn't really sleep last night, all too worried about Lucy. We didn't want this to happen. Bruce had all her results come back and we have learnt so much more about her powers and her "family", lucky we can give her some answers once she's up and if she wants to talk. We were all in conversation, I haven't told the whole team everything I have learnt about her apart from Wanda and Maria, I can talk to Lucy about them alone later.

The sound of the elevator arriving on our floor draws our attention, everyone's here. The doors open and Lucy slowly walks out, once she sees us her eyes widen. She takes a few steps back into the elevator and keeps pressing the buttons but the doors don't close.

"JARVIS was told to bring you to us once you were awake, come in, most of us don't bite" Tony is the first to talk to her, even though he looks at me for the last part of the comment. I just roll my eyes at him and stand up.

"Come and take a seat, we just want to talk" I go over to the kitchen and make her some tea for how she likes it, placing it on the coffee table near an empty chair. She takes a big breath and makes her way over, sitting in the chair furthest away from all of us.

"I will start by saying I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to go this way, I'm sorry I lied and hurt you" I keep my voice calm and keep eye contact.

"Myself, Wanda and Maria were tasked with bringing you in, you have been on SHIELD's radar for a while, but you never caused any problems so they let you be. After what happened last year, we had no choice but to contact you, to help you. Wanda realised that you were struggling with control and that just approaching you might not be the best idea. We came up with this plan, I knew it would hurt you and I'm sorry for that. Being honest over the last two weeks, my feeling for you has grown. At first it was my mission, but I do like you too Lucy, and I meant everything that I have said over the last two weeks, I'm here for you no matter what, so is everyone else" I keep calm and make eye contact while trying to explain everything to her.

"Your results were finished overnight Lucy, so to start with you have a variant of the super soldier serum that both Steve and Bucky have. Not the same but similar enough for you to have super strength even with your bracelet" Bruce starts explaining next. He pulls out a notebook and flips through it.

"For your powers, you have a few, teleportation, telekinesis, energy manipulation and mind reading. Which ones are you aware of and use?" Bruce asks looking up from his notebook.

"Umm...I knew about all of them, I can't use my teleportation, only used that twice. I can use telekinesis to a certain level, and can't really lift anything heavy. I can't read minds at all, only tried once and I wiped her memories by mistake so I blocked that one. With energy manipulation I can do something like create things with my mind, I can fire balls of energy but only small ones and my aim is quite bad with them" she answers but doesn't take her eyes from the floor in front of her, she slowly looks up to meet our eyes before looking back at her bracelet. Tony clears his throat.

"Yeah, could you tell me more about your bracelet?" he asks while drinking another cup of coffee.

"Just what I told you yesterday, I started to get power young so they gave me something like this so I wouldn't kill anyone just because I was in a mood. When I left I thought it would be a good idea to take it, I saw this and took this so I could keep control" she answers looking up at Tony.

"I need you to stay calm when I say this...but that's just a bracelet, it might look like the one they gave you but it would have been bigger. That's just a bracelet with no power restricting power. I think it works just because you think it works, if that makes sense. Bruce can explain it better if you need it" Tony explains to her. She looks at him confused at first before removing the bracelet and just placing it on the coffee table.