Chapter Four

Natasha POV (Time Skip to Friday)

It was now Friday night, I have just arrived at Page's. The last week since Monday has been fine, me and Lucy are both doing great, we text and call each other all the time and we make sure that we see each other at least once a day, from lunch dates in my classroom with a locked door or a coffee date after work. She has been smiling a lot more since Monday and I saw that the bracelet was also removed on Wednesday meaning she feels more calm and in control. I just hope tonight goes well and we can get more information on her.

Maria has closed up, all the blinds are shut so no one can see in, taking my seat next to Lucy on the sofa, I move my arm around her back and pull her in for a quick kiss. After we pull a part she cuddles into my side, I think she is starting to really relax a lot more now.

Wanda comes over with a tray of drinks, black russian for me of course, something weird and fruity for Wanda, and beer for Maria and Lucy. Wanda makes eye contact with me while handing Lucy her beer, knowing that they have put the truth serum into her drink and should start to take effect quite quickly. Maria places a bottle of vodka and glasses on the table.

"Right why don't we play truths, go around asking each other questions, if you don't want to answer you take a shot" Maria asks while seeing that Lucy is half way through her beer. We all hum in agreement before anyone else can speak, Lucy asks the first question.

"So you two, how did you two meet and how long have you been together?" she asks while pointing at Wanda and Maria. Wanda chuckles.

"I was working with Natasha at the college and she asked me here for a coffee, I thought she was asking me out on a date but no, I turn up and just like now the place was closed, I was so confused till Natasha let me inside and introduced me to Maria, then she ran away and left us to get to know each other, that was like 3 years ago" Wanda answered while holding Maria's hand but sending me slight daggers to keep the act going.

Lucy laughs and looks over at me, her eyes look so bright right now, seeing that the truth serum has kicked in I chose to go next.

"Why aren't you wearing you'r bracelet that you had on the other day? I really like it" I ask, looking at her, trying to keep the questions simple for now so she doesn't see what's happening.

"It was my mother's, she used to put something like it on me when I was younger. Before I left home I wanted to take it with me, I couldn't find the one she used but found that one instead, so I took it and left. I try not to wear it much, it's quite old and worn so don't want to risk breaking it, it's the only thing I took with me when I left home" Lucy answers, her body goes tense when saying some parts, she didn't tell us the full truth of it being a power restrictor but definitely said more that what she usual does. I nod my head at her answer and squeeze her a little. Maria asks me a quick question and then to Wanda so it doesn't look like we are targeting her with our questions.

"Why did you leave home and how long ago was that?" Maria calmly asks while looking at Lucy. Again I feel her body stiffen, while her mind races for an answer but she opens her mouth and starts talking.

"I left when I was 16, I tried to leave before but they always caught me, so I had to wait till I knew I could leave and be safe. My upbringing wasn't the best, my parents created me in a lab, I'm not even sure if they are my parents as in DNA wise. Natasha, you have asked about the marks on my body before, their scars from what my parents and the people they work with did to me, I'm guessing that you have all heard of hydra before?" Lucy aska, looking around the room, we all keep our emotions hidden and nod our heads.

"My parents worked for hydra, they made me be a part of it for years, I didn't want to but I couldn't stop. They gave me these powers, I can control some of them but after I left, I developed more powers and I've never really used them or learnt how to control them, I do sometimes lose control, one of the reasons I wear that bracelet it restricts my power so I can't hurt anyone when I can't control it" she's looking at the ground, I can feel her body sightly shake.

"Hey it's ok, you don't have to tell us anymore right now, it's ok, you're safe now you're with us, we can keep you safe" I tell her while pulling her into a bigger hug.

"You know there are people who can help you with your powers so you would never have to be scared of hurting anyone, if you're not ready for that then we can help you and be there for you" I explain to her to help her calm down, her cries are just washing over her body, all three of us remain silent while she let's this all out, she's probably never told this anyone before and she's been on her own for the last six years.

"What did you do after you left?" Wanda asks moving next to Lucy to offer more support. She takes a deep breath and moves slightly away from me.

"I just ran, kept moving for months, too scared to stay in the same place. After a year I was able to breathe a little, so I started to stay longer in one place till I was attacked one night and lost control. I knew it would be all over the news and I was scared that hydra would come looking for me so I left within a few hours. Again I settled after a few weeks, started to look into what I should do, how to be normal, saw that people my age go to college after school, so I did an online school and managed to get my diploma after a few months, so then I went to college trying to be normal. I spent the first three years in California, really enjoyed it there, I made a few friends. It was going great till I lost control again last year..."She stopped talking and took a big inhale and slowly let it out.

"I got drunk one night with my friends, I was close to passing out, next thing I remember my clothes were being ripped off and I could feel his hands over my body, I sobered within seconds and just lost it, I woke up few hours later and the house was destroyed, my friends dead and I just ran again to here. I don't really know what I'm doing with my life, I just thought I could be normal for a while but I can't, then I finish this year and I have no plans and nothing going for me" her cries start back up again, I open my arms and pull her in for a hug. Planting loads of kisses on her head to let her know I'm there for her.

We sat there for over 15 minutes, all of us just thinking about everything she had just told us. I feel so bad for giving her the truth serum, we should have waited till she was ready to tell us. Her crying slows down, and she reaches for the vodka bottle and just drinks straight from the bottle.

"If you don't mind I'm gonna go home, Natasha could you come with me please, I don't want to be alone right now" She raises her head to look at me, I give her a big smile and nod my head. I gather my bag and hers and wrap my arm around her waist. Both Wanda and Maria give her a massive hug and say their goodbyes to us both before I help her out of the shop back towards her apartment.

Once inside I help her into the bedroom, I grab some bed shorts and t-shirts for us both, I help her undress, she's broken right now and I really need to help her right now. She might take the help we wish to give her. I help her dress in her nightwear and help her into bed. I quickly change my clothes before getting in next to her, just as I open my arms she pulls me closer to her. I rub my arm up and down her back, drawing random patterns.

"You're safe now, you have nothing to worry about, none of us are going anywhere and we will help you through this, you don't have to do this alone anymore" I keep trying to comfort her, keep her calm and reassure her. I know what she's going through, she blames herself for everything and probably thinks that she's a monster, just like I did all of them years ago. Her head moves and she looks right into my eyes, the tears running down her face, I cup her face and rub away the tears with my thumbs.

"I love you Natasha, thank you" She tells me while keeping eye contact before putting her head back into the crook of my neck. Slightly panicking, do I love her? I have feelings for her and I really hope after this we can still be at least friends if not more, so maybe I do. I hold her tighter and kiss the top of her head.

"I love you too Lucy, you don't need to thank me for anything. Go to sleep darling, I will be here when you wake up" I place another kiss on her head and listen to her breathing, waiting for it to slow down so I know she has fallen asleep. Once I feel that she has fallen asleep, I close my eyes needing to rest too.