Chapter Sixteen

Lucy POV

I slowly wake up in the morning, well I guess it is from all of the lights which I can see. I try to stretch but something is holding me, I look over to see Nat still asleep next to me. I relaxed back into her body, I missed her. Before long I can feel her stirring next to me.

"Good morning малыш" she whispers into my head. I turn around to look at her and kiss her on the lips.

"Morning, did you sleep ok?" I ask her, hoping I didn't wake her up during the night. She hums while pulling me closer to her. We just relax into each other enjoying our time together before having to get up. Bruce walks into the room and heads over to us.

"Morning, how are you feeling? Do you mind if I check your stitches?" He asks me while standing at the edge of my bed.

"Morning, I'm ok not really in that much pain, sure go ahead" I reply, I pull away from Natasha, pull the blanket down a little while pushing the crappy hospital gown up. He starts removing the gauze from my wound. The look of confusion spreads over his face.

"Umm...do you heal yourself?" he asks, while poking my stomach.

" I don't know maybe, I think I've noticed some stuff heals fast but not always, why?" I ask him while trying to look down at my stomach but Nat's head is in the way.

"I'm guessing since your other cut's didn't heal that this only works when you're seriously injured" Nat offers, Bruce just hums in agreement.

"Looks that way, so you no longer need to be on bed rest then, but still keep it easy and no training for a week" he tells me while sitting in the chair next to my bed. I nod in agreement, finally getting the chance to look at my healed stomach.

"There's something else I need to talk to you about, alone please if you don't mind Natasha" he says next, I feel Nat pull away from me, I quickly grab her wrist and pull her back to me.

"I'd rather have her stay, with how your face looks it's possibly bad news" she shuffles closer to me to pull me back into a hug.

"When I was operating on you, you kept bleeding out, at one point I thought I was going to lose you since I couldn't stop the bleeding. To stop the bleeding and to make you stable I made the decision to perform an emergency hysterectomy. I tried my hardest to not do that, but the bullet pretty much destroyed it all and I just didn't have enough time to fix it while you bleed out. I'm sorry Lucy, if you need anything let me know" Bruce explains everything to me and I just feel numb. I didn't even know if I wanted kids, yeah I'm gay but still. I'm lost in my head again, I don't see Bruce leave the room.

I can hear Nat talking but I can't make out the words. She holds me tighter and draws on my back, I can feel her heartbeat loud and clear. The room starts coming back into focus, I can hear Nat now telling me it's all going to be ok. I buried my head into her neck, I couldn't be closer to her if I tried.

I'm not sure how long we sat there for, I didn't even know I was crying till I felt the wetness on Nat's shirt. Maybe one day I would have wanted kids with the right person, but now that has been taken away from me. I just let it all out, cried and cried till I fell asleep in her arms, at least I feel safe being in her arms.

When I woke back up I was still in her arms. She was just holding me and I don't know how long I've been asleep for.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you" I say while pulling away from her so she could move too.

"It's ok малыш, are you feeling ok?" She asks me while sitting up more in her bed.

"I'm ok" I reply but it doesn't look like she believes me. I watch her get out of bed and move over to my side. She puts one hand under my legs and the other behind my back before lifting me off the bed. My arms quickly go around her neck to hold myself to her more.