Chapter Twenty-Four

Lucy POV (20 years later)

Me and Nat are currently chilling in our living room of our own house before the madness begins. We both retired about 5 years ago now and we both have our home on the coast, not far away from Clint's farm about an hour.

"You know we only have about 10 minutes before they come home" Nat says while pulling me closer into her.

"I know, then we have to get ready and leave by 5 so we don't miss the party" I responded while melting into her touch.

"Come on let's get ready for them" Nat says while pushing me off her and getting up, she grabs my hand and helps me up the couch too. We get to the kids room, yeah we have twin girls who are 6 years old, Lena Melina Romanoff and Anna Wanda Romanoff. We adopted them both 5 years ago, it is what pushed us to retire. They were both found on a mission in an old hydra base, me and Nat found them in one of the cells, we helped them but when it was time for them to leave they didn't stop crying after talking about it we made the choice to retire and adopt them both.

We start pulling out clothes for each of the girls, cute matching dresses and shoes to match. I see the time and head back downstairs and out the front door, I see the school bus pulling us and our two little bundles running down the drive to me.

"Mommy!" They scream while jumping into my arms. I catch them both and hold them tight.

"Hey darlings, how was school?" I ask as I put them both back on the ground and make our way into the house. They both start rambling on about their day as we put their bags, shoes and coats into their cubbies.

"Mamma is in your room, let's go and see if we can scare her" I say holding onto each of their hands. Of course they can't keep quiet. Within a second all three of us are standing in their room with Nat right in front of us, they yell boo at her while she acts surprised.

"You got me again" she says while they jump into her arms. They might not share our blood but they are both mini Natasha's which scares me so much some days, if looks could kill I definitely would be dead by now from all three of them.

"Right, let's get you both changed then you can play while me and Mamma get ready" I say while grabbing Lena and throwing her on her bed. She giggles and gets up asking to do it again. I gently pick her up and repeat it once more before kneeling in front of her and helping her get changed while Nat is helping Anna. Soon enough both girls are ready in their matching dresses and are running downstairs to play.

"No running in the house" Nat shouts at them, they soon slow down. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"They never learn" she says while getting up off the floor. I join her as we walk into our room and start getting ready ourselves. I'm wearing a black dress, knee high which is just tight where I need it to be, Nat is in a suit as usual. Red pants and a white shirt with a red jacket and matching high heels. Her hands grab hold of my hips from behind and she pulls me into her as I finish getting ready.

"Do you think Yelena is gonna be able to look after the twins tonight?" She asks me while her head rests on my shoulder.

"Of course малыш, I know it's the first time she's doing overnight but she's got the others at the compound if needed. Plus we can get there in seconds if needed" I answer while turning my head around to kiss him quickly on her lips. She hums in response and we make our way downstairs to see the girls building a castle with a ton of lego.

"Looks amazing girls, let's go and quickly get something to eat before we leave" Nat tells them both as I set the table. I wave my hand in front of me and the table is filled with 4 plates of spaghetti bolognese, garlic bread to share, 4 cups of water and cutlery for everyone. Yes, after years I no longer forget the spoons.