Chapter Eleven

Wanda POV

Going back to Page's after finishing the mission is weird. We don't usually go back to places once we are finished, Fury would just send one of the clean up crews. Nat and Lucy are just finishing at her apartment. Nat told her to keep it so she is, and just a few things in there that she won't need at the compound. It's good to take a break from it all sometimes.

I start packing away a few things, putting them in boxes or straight into the vans which Tony hired for us. God this is easier with powers, I can just sit here enjoying my coffee while it does all the heavy lifting for me. Nat and Lucy both join me not long later, everything either put in the van for our girls only living space or in Nat's car for Lucy's room, god we sound like we are five saying girls only, it's not like that but just the boys are loud and messy, really messy and they don't clean up afterwards, Tony does have cleaners but usually me or Nat does it, but not anymore.

Lucy is currently picking out a lot of books and I thought I loved to read. Everything is in the van and the driver is already going back to the compound with it.

"I think you have enough малыш" Nat tells her moving another box of books to her car.

"Yeah I probably do, might take me years to go through all of these but they look so good" she replies with a pout.

"You do know I have quite a few books, plus Tony has a library in the compound, plus we have his credit card so you can buy whatever books you want" I inform her as she sits on the floor next to me.

"I didn't know that, once I start running out I'll start stealing yours" she sticks her tongue out at me. I just chuckle and get up off the floor, offering her a hand to help her up too. We both do a quick look around before meeting Nat outside on the phone.

"We need to go, Fury's called a meeting" Nat tells us both, we all jump in the car, of course Nat is driving. I look into Nat's eyes in the mirror to try and calm her for what I'm about to do.

"Don't freak out" I talk to Nat in her head, we have done this a few times to freak the boys out without them knowing.

"I saw your eyes, what's up?" she replies keeping herself calm while driving and not giving anything away.

"There's a mission right? Who's going?" I ask her, Fury only calls last minute meetings for big missions otherwise one of the others informs us.

"Yeah, think everyone but Lucy, Bucky and you from what I could get, something about an old hydra base, so keeping you and Bucky back cause there's something weird about it so may be a trap" she answers, the frown on her face says it all she doesn't want to leave Lucy just let, barely been 24 hours since everything happened, and she can't ask Fury to stay behind cause she wouldn't usually do that.

"Do you know how long you will be gone?" I ask, hoping that it will only be a day or so.

"Just under a week hopefully, can't have any comms while away either. She has therapy on Tuesday at 3pm, please take her. Look after her for me, keep her and yourself safe please. If you or her really needs me then call me, I'll deal with Fury" her eyes meet mine in the mirror, I slowly nod my head at her. We kept quiet for the rest of the ride just listening to music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lucy POV

We are all sitting in the same meeting room as yesterday. By the looks of everyone's faces this can't be good. Fury, as usual, makes a dramatic entrance, not stopping till he's at the front of the room.

"There have been reports of unusual activity at an old hydra base. We don't know if it's hydra or someone else just using the space. You need to go, check the place out, monitor it for a little before moving in, you should be about a week hopefully shorter if it all goes right. Everyone but Lucy, Bucky and Wanda are going, like we said we aren't sure what's inside so keeping those back connected to hydra in case it's a trap or anything. Wheels up in 15, I'll meet you all by the jet" and with that he's walking out of the room. No Nat for a week, I know it sounds stupid that we have only just got together but I'm happy when I'm with her. I don't get those feelings.