Chapter 18

"Ivan

"Ivan. We're all terrified."

Viktor's POV

Tomorrow is finally the awaited day. Not as awaited as the Final Task but of course its enough for the Quidditch players.

Tomorrow is also the day Ivan is dreading for. Apparently he's whole family will be coming to the match and watch, and there is a bet going on. Most of his family bet on Iliana to win, and tge least half bet on Ivan, which apparently discouraged him.

Tonight, like every other night, in the early hours around 7-8, me and Amora walked around for our late night walks. But quickly went back to our Quidditch HQ's for discussion for tomorrow's final match. Right now it's already 8:45 and the whole team has gathered in the ship's common room.

"I'm terrified." Ivan cries out dramatically, breaking the tense silence.

Most of the team rolled their eyes while the others laugh.

I let out a long sigh, "Ivan. We're all terrified."

Ivan shook his head frantically, "Not as much as me! My whole family is coming tomorrow to watch the match! My Dad, basically my supporter for my whole life, betted against me! And my mom, took pity on me and betted against Iliana!"

Anton looking hopeful, asks me, "Cap, you're girl is the other team Cap for Team 3. Do you know any well idea what they're planning?"

I shook my head, "I know Amora physically and mentally but nothing about Quidditch. She plays because she likes the sport and is a hobby not for a career. Plus when we do talk about Quidditch, she doesn't talk about plans and strategies. She talks about how they warm up and etc." I'll be honest. Warm ups are basically the only thing she tells me what she does to help her team. And she lists them down. I've been horrified to know the different warm ups their team goes through. And apparently, their previous team Captain was the one who invented them, Oliver Wood, the reserve keeper for the Puddlemere Team.

Emiliya, the team's reserved beater looks annoyed, "So we basically have nothing on them? We observed their previous match and they're basically unpredictable." She looks at Ivan and nods defeatedly, "You should probably give up the bet by now." That made him even more dramatic as he plops himself on the floor and sulks.

I look at Anton, "Anton, you'll be team Captain for next year. I'll give you the lead for the match tomorrow. What's your plan?"

He sighs, "Since the start of their previous match, I already knew they'd win against Team 2. So I studied what they're play is. Going against Team 2, they distracted their chasers with the beaters, while their seeker would just look out in the field for the snitch. During the whole game, they're goal was basically just go for it. Do what their position is supposed to do. And they take turns with their substitute, there was a pattern but the thing is, with that many tricks and patterns it gets confusing if you watch them without knowing ehat they're exact play is, until the end of the match. I say we observe the first 15 minutes of the game whilst still playing of course. And try to block and not get targeted by their beaters."