Ch 11: LONG TIME NO SEE

3rd person's pov

Minho came at the rooftop. His eyes searched for her everywhere and there she was leaning against the railing and looking at the scenic beauty of the city. His footsteps were silent so she probably didn't knew that she wasn't alone there.

This kinda felt like deja vu for Minho. Years ago their last meeting was also on the rooftop of their school. But now the tables have turned. Back then, it was Jiyoon furiously searching for him. But now it is him who is nervously searching for her.

He started to walk towards her and when there were just a distance of somewhat four footsteps he called out in a low but warm tone "Jiyoon."

Jiyoon's thoughts were interrupted when she heard his voice. How much she wish that it wasn't him but there he was. She slowly turned around and then their eyes met after so many years.

"Hi there! I didn't knew that you were a trainee here" She forced out a smile and her heart felt like bursting.

"I also didn't knew that you work here" He gave a warm smile in return.

"Oh" was all Jiyoon could say.

Is there something wrong with him? Why is he smiling like that? I've never seen him like that before. Were the first thoughts that crossed over Jiyoon's mind.

"Wow Jiyoon you changed so much I almost didn't recognise you there. How long has it been? Oh my god 8 long years!" Minho tried to lit up the gloomy conversation.

"Yeah kind of. You changed a lot too" she kept her answer short. Her eyes were lingering anywhere and everywhere and her voice seemed kinda like ..........dead.

Minho could sense that she was feeling uncomfortable and he sure was feeling guilty about it. After all he was the reason for this situation. He was the main reason for all of this misery. But he didn't want to let her go so soon. Not yet.

"I'll get going" Jiyoon said not wanting to stay there any longer.

"Wait Jiyoon I have to tell you something!" He said making her stop in her tracks.

She again turned towards him and asked feeling uneasy "What is it?"

"I'm sorry" Minho was looking down.

"What?" Jiyoon was surprised cause she never thought a person like Minho would apologise.

"I'm sorry Jiyoon" and this time he looked upwards and faced her. She saw his eyes had something in it. Tears?

"What are you sorry for?" She gulped down.

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you" He breathed out.

"Leave it. It's all in the past now"

That's it. She didn't want to hear it. Not because of her ego or attitude. But it was because if this started then it wouldn't take much time for Jiyoon to break down. It was all in the past and it should remain in the past. You should now look forward for the future ahead.

"Jiyoon please listen to me" he pleaded.

"Minho I think it's better that if we don't bring that up now. Just let it be in the past. You should focus on your debut rather than these small issues. I'm saying this for the sake of both of us. Anyways good luck on your debut."

"Thanks I'll try my best I guess." He gave a sad smile. "Hey would you like to-" Minho got interrupted when Jiyoon phone started to ring.

"Sorry but I have to take this. See you later!" Jiyoon waved off and hurriedly went towards the elevator while answering the call.

Here Minho was now all alone and lost in his thoughts. "I thought that she will listen to me but she didn't. I must have hurted her badly.

Kitten has changed a lot so I don't think it will be easy for me to make her hear me out. But I am Lee Minho and I'll give my best to get her attention."

Just then he also gets a call from someone and gets ready to leave.

Here Jiyoon felt relieved once she was out of Minho's sight. She thanked the heavens to make her mom call her daughter at the right time and help her escape from that situation. But somewhere she felt guilty for not letting Minho complete whatever he wanted to say. But on the other hand Jiyoon thought it was the best to do so that both of their careers wouldn't be ruined.

As the elevator was going down, Jiyoon couldn't help but her mind was full of thoughts. What was it that he wanted to say so bad? I could feel that his eyes were telling something. I don't know regret or guilt I guess. Should I go back and hear him out? No no I would look stupid and he might make fun of me and who knows what he is like now? Maybe he is still the same Minho....

The elevator opened and Jiyoon took her strides towards the PR office . While on the way she met Jaemin again.

"Feeling better?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah all good!" She gave a thumbs up with a toothy smile.

"Okay that's good to know. By the way I didn't know that Minho is a trainee here. I kinda got shocked when I saw him"

"Yeah me too. I was surprised with his sudden appearance." Jiyoon said with a little uncomfort in her voice.

"Umm I still have some work left so I'll see you later" she continued.

"See you later, maybe never" Jaemin joked earning a chuckle from Jiyoon and they both parted their ways.

______________________________________

"Minho boy what took you so long?" Mr. Kim was now curious to know about Minho's sudden disappearance.

"Sorry sir just a small stomachache" Minho gave a reassuring smile.

"Oh are you okay now?"

"I'm all good! Thank you for your concern"

"Let's get back to work shall we? Here's your script for the remaining scenes and he would be your manager from now on" Mr. Kim pointed towards a young boy who was shy and his eyes were looking down. Mr. Kim just chuckled and patted Minho's shoulder and left the room.

"Hi there! What's your name?"

"Nice to meet you sir. I'm your manager Dongmin from now onwards"