Chapter 1

The council decided to take their proper seats in the council room rather than the little circle of chairs that they usually use after a battle such as the one that just happened. They also wanted to use the formal way of meetings when they were going to question Astaria, Xelqua felt awkward since they did not need to question her in such a formal way. Astaria understood why they were doing that though, she was an unknown entity who had just been revealed to hold a very high level of magic. They thought of her as a threat still, and it probably didn't help that the person that they knew who would be able to match with this mysterious person was nowhere to be found.

Lysabel and Gryff were messaging each other on their plans, they both knew that they would have to start the questioning process soon so it didn't seem like they were specifically avoiding asking the white-haired watcher any questions. Both of them were hoping that the High Leader would show up to help, they thought that she would be the only one who would be able to handle the magic of the watcher in front of them, but it seemed as though she wasn't going to come. Gryff was the one who finally messaged Lysabel saying that they should start and she agreed, though they both knew they would have to proceed with caution since if the watcher lashed out then it would be their fault. Astaria's aura felt familiar to Lysabel, like it was something she had seen before but something, or someone, was stopping her from connecting the wires in her head to give her an answer, which just made her more weary.

"So, what is your name?" Lysabel asked, starting off the questioning of Astaria.

"Astaria," was all she replied.

"Your family name?" Lysabel asked as both Astaria and Xelqua felt déjà vu from the question.

This time however she answered the question differently than she had in the alternate reality, "I haven't used my family name for years, it only reminds me of the people I have lost so Astaria is what people know me as,"

Lysabel didn't expect her to reply like she did and was shocked into silence, but it was fine since Gryff then asked a question, "How old are you?"

That Astaria paused for a while, she hadn't bothered calculating that before, she also didn't know if she didn't age in the void or just aged very slowly, she guessed that since she had felt older and that it was just ageing very slowly. "So?" Gryff said, wondering why it was taking Astaria so long to answer the simple question.

She replied honestly stating, "I have absolutely no clue, I had an accident with some sort of magic at one point which either slowed my ageing or stopped it. I think that I'm at least 130 but I don't know exactly,"

This caused all council members, excluding Xelqua, to be shocked. They hadn't expected her to say that she was that old, even with her white hair they assumed that she was younger based on her physical appearance. Astaria knew that she looked somewhat youngish but it was always hard to tell someone's age based on watcher vision looks.

The council hadn't expected the way the questioning was going so far, and they had asked the questions they would be the most straightforward. Lysabel decided that she may as well get to the bigger questions, so she asked "Why are you here, fighting?"

"I'm fighting because, in the place I lived before my magical accident, my birth sparked a war which caused me to no longer be with the people that I cared for. I want to help keep the peace since that's what I had before I was born in my home," She replied, still answering honestly, she was going to keep answering honestly to a certain point.

Xelqua was just sitting in his seat quietly, he wanted to help but he didn't really know how to. It seemed that Astaria was calmly reacting to the questioning so he just continued waiting.

"How did you get so powerful?" Gryff asked, wondering how this stranger had a power level close to that of their High Leader.
"During the time of the accident, I had a lot of time to practise my magic," Her answers continued to be somewhat vague but the council members could tell that they weren't going to get any more information on the subject so they moved on.

The next question they asked Xelqua hadn't quite been expecting, he knew why they were asking but it was so long ago that he sort of forgot it happened, "How did you manage to fly in the void when you saved Xelqua?" Gryff asked.

Astaria was unfazed by the question and again answered it, "I believe it has something to do with a certain gene from each of my parents but I am not 100% sure,"

Astaria didn't bother mentioning the fact that she wasn't only a watcher, but an admin as well. She wasn't specifically hiding it; she just didn't think it was useful information at the moment.

"Do you mind if I ask a question?" Neferus asked the two leaders.

"Go ahead," Gryff said, motioning for her to speak.

"That medicine that you gave the part enderman child, what was it?" She asked, she wanted to know if it would help any of the others that were affected by that first weird attack.

She had received messages from the medical wing staff that were currently at the hospital mentioning how none of the medications that they had tried didn't do anything to help the pain or the abilities of the admins and watchers. "It's a mix of Dragon's Breath with some chorus fruit juice. The attack is an ancient spell that was used by a very old watcher, the medication works for all species," she replied.

Neferus nodded and typed a message on her communicator.

Lysabel and Gryff couldn't currently think of any questions, Gryff said, "We don't have any more questions that we can currently think of but we would appreciate it if you stay close,"
"I will stay close enough to get here fast, if you need me Xelqua does have access to message me," Astaria replied.

The council members, who weren't in the medical wing to see Xelqua message her, turned to him and he confirmed with a small nod that he could contact her. "If you don't mind I will take Dyneris, the enderman child home," Astaria said.
The two leaders turned to Neferus since it was in her area, "I'm not able to help them so you should take them home," she said.

Astaria bowed to the council, Xelqua could tell that it was just her having fun rather than a normal bow. "Goodbye, and good luck," She said as she flew off to the medical wing.

Lysabel then finished the meeting off by saying, "We need to stay on high alert, but I recommend checking to see if any others you know remember the alternate reality,"

The council members went their separate ways, Xelqua was finally going to check in with the hermits to see what they remembered.

WC~ 1202 

A/N: Sorry that I've been on hiatus for so long, school has been very busy and I lost motivation for a while but I'm glad to get this out to everyone. Updates will be on Sunday/Monday (depending on your timezone) like usual just a surprise update today because just like last year giving others a gift on my birthday! I feel old now. Have a good day/night!