Chapter 3

When they went through the shopping district portal no other hermits were there, they didn't expect any to be there but there is normally one or two buying some items. Xisuma typed a message into his communicator to the server chat, Grian felt the ping and he looked to see what Xisuma had typed.

<Xisuma> Hermits please report to the shopping district for a server meeting

<Iskall85> omw

A few other hermits typed quick messages saying something similar, the rest most likely had seen the message, and they were now all going to be coming to where Xisuma and Grian were waiting. "Hey G before anyone gets here I was wondering if you would update everyone on the attack today?" He asked.

"Sure," Grian replied but he also knew that he would have to think up a different perspective of what happened.
He knew some ideas of what to say, such as how the players grouped around the watchers and admins that had collapsed, but he wasn't 100% sure where they actually went during the second attack. He assumed they did find a place to hide in buildings that weren't nearby where the admins fought.

More and more hermits slowly trickled in through the portal, none of them really knew what to expect from the meeting. Some assumed that they were going to talk about the weird lightning that had caused the scorch marks around the shopping district, which weren't even from lightning but they didn't remember that. Grian was still standing next to Xisuma, both because he came there with him, but also because he thought that it would be easier for Xisuma to ask him to talk about the fight today if he was standing next to him. It took a few minutes for all the hermits to come from their areas on the server, especially when some of them had to make sure nothing would fall down, break or explode while they were away.

After everyone had arrived all eyes fell on Xisuma, ready to hear why they were all called for a meeting. "Do you hermits remember the day that my brother visited?" Xisuma asked the hermits.

The hermits all nodded, they remembered it for a few reasons. Firstly the hermits thought Xisuma's brother was evil and they were surprised because he had been previously banned. Second was the fact that he was High Watcher Zyrex Void, one of the watchers that governed Minecraft and thirdly the attack that happened that day. "The attack that happened was only the first of a range of attacks that have occurred since," Xisuma explained.

Everyone could feel the atmosphere change when Xisuma finished his sentence, they didn't have much communication with the world outside of the server, they had pretty much everything they needed there. Most of them didn't have any friends in the Main World so they didn't need to visit anyone, so it very much came as a shock to most of the hermits that there had been more attacks that had happened.

"The most recent attack happened today but the council along with one of their allies managed to hold them off," Xisuma continued, Grian noticed how he didn't say that they weren't defeated.

"Grian was there during the attack," As Xisuma said this the hermits turned to him, "Can you explain it to everyone?"

Grian cleared his throat before he spoke, "The attack was made up of six watchers and six admins, I hadn't seen any of them before in the main world but they were very powerful. They were able to do attacks that the council members could not counter, and with the help of another watcher, they were able to push back the attacks. There was also an attack just before their main one that took out all of the admins and watchers except the council members and their allies,"

Grian didn't know what else to say, he thought that when he agreed to speak that he would be able to talk about more but even thinking about the point of view of other players he knew that they wouldn't know that much anyways. "My brother has mentioned that the attacks are getting bigger and that the spell that they used to knock out the admins and watchers was something that is not known to the council members," Xisuma said, "He has mentioned how we should be prepared since we don't know if these attacks are going to escalate or not. There have been multiple and they do keep growing more and more powerful each time. Zyrex said that not many other servers know but since the ones who first attacked came onto our server he mentioned how we should be extra careful,"

The rest of the hermits were scared to learn all this new information but they all agreed that they needed to get more prepared for the battle to come. "One important thing to remember is that we need to still live our lives at the same time since we don't know if there will be another attack," Xisuma finished off.

What surprised Grian was that Mumbo was the next one to speak, "While we are all here I was thinking we could celebrate your birthday Grian since it's in two days,"

Grian blinked several times as everyone turned their heads back towards him, he had completely forgotten about his birthday. He supposed he knew that it was somewhat coming up but changing from the alternate reality must have made his internal timeline get mixed up. "You know I completely forgot about it," Grian said honestly.

"Well I think it would be a great idea," Xisuma said, "As long as it's fine with you G?"

"Yeah it's fine with me," Grian replied, still getting over the shock that his birthday was so close.

"Grian you can invite some of your Main World friends if you want," Xisuma said, as his friends started planning a party for him.

Oh, Grian thought. He didn't know what to reply to that with. Iskall then asked, "Oh yes can we meet some of your friends from the Main World?"

"I can check if they want to come," Grian said, though he didn't know what his plan was going to be.

"Hopefully they can," Mumbo said as the group slowly trickled away except for those who were going to plan the party.

WC~ 1055

A/N: Thanks for reading!

But also if you are a Good Omens fan on my Ao3 account (Azrin_Aathor) I posted a one-shot about season 2 (so there are spoilers)