Chapter 10

Cirrus was making his way towards the meeting room where Lysabel had messaged him to come to, she had said that they were having a meeting but he found it slightly weird that she had sent him an individual message, and mostly likely a different message for everyone else as well, instead of sending it in the group chat instead. He was proceeding with caution, after all with all the attacks that had been happening it would have been stupid to trust the message completely. His heart couldn't help but pick up in pace as he made his way closer and closer to the meeting room. What if Lysabel had been attacked and had her communicator taken off her and now whoever attacked her was messaging each member of the council one by one to easily take them out? His nerves were calmed when he heard familiar voices echoing through the open doors.

He looked around and saw that he was the sixth person to arrive, only Lysabel, Gryff, Hayden, Tory, and Zyrex were standing inside. Gryff and Lysabel were talking and hushed voices a bit further away from the others while Tory was having a conversation with Hayden in galactic. Zyrex was standing there with his arms crossed, somewhat listening to Hayden and Tory's conversation, but by the sounds of it, they were talking about some admin things. He made his way over to Zyrex, "Zyrex do you know what this meeting is about?" he asked his friend.

"No, but the fact that the message was sent out separately instead of using the group chat makes me think that someone isn't going to be coming, and with recent events, I have a guess who," Zyrex said, a touch of venom could be heard in his tone.

It hadn't crossed his mind that someone wouldn't be invited, but it made the separate messages make sense, his mind just wasn't thinking of who wouldn't be invited.

He didn't have to wait long to see who wasn't invited as five more people made their way in. Xelqua was missing, which made Cirrus uncomfortable since Xelqua was one of his good friends. It seemed that the rest of their small squad seemed to also be uncomfortable being here without their friend, after all, no one liked being left out on purpose. He could assume why he was left out, after all, he could tell that Lysabel and Gryff were still suspicious of Astaria, if he was being honest he was still suspicious of her, it was kind of hard not to be. A very powerful watcher showed up just as everything started becoming worse, powerful enough to fight multiple old-generation leaders whose magic should have been stronger. Yet he also knew that Xelqua placed his trust in her, and if he trusted her after he had been at the front of many attacks from those attacking he assumed that she was alright as well.

It wasn't too long after everyone arrived that they finally started and before Gryff said anything Zyrex spoke up, his voice laced with spite, "Okay so I understand why you didn't invite Xelqua, but why didn't you invite Xelqua?"

"We needed to discuss Astaria and Xelqua is a biassed party already, I don't like leaving him out but we need no preconceived ideas when talking about someone who is against us," Gryff explained.

It was obvious to everyone that Zyrex wasn't happy, Cirrus wasn't particularly happy either, and it seemed like most people had the same thoughts, but no one said anything else about that. "As I mentioned we are here to talk about Astaria and how she seemed to show up when everything took a turn for the worse," Gryff said.

Everyone had that thought in their mind after they met Astaria, and adding on the fact she knew how to access a stronger form, which they had previously only seen from the High Leader, made them unnerved. "What exactly do you want us to talk about?"

"Do you trust her to have our backs? Do you think she is actually on our side?" Lysabel clarified.

That was a hard question in everyone's mind, she didn't seem to harbour any bad intent but as Gryff had said, the time that she turned up and how much she just seemed to know was suspicious. Nobody seemed to say anything, no one really had a conclusive answer, or they just didn't want to share. It wasn't too surprising when Zyrex was the first to finally speak up, "I don't trust her fully, she is quite obviously hiding something if your interrogation was anything to go by, but I don't think she is against us. She also came and helped when we weren't able to help that child, even if it meant she had to reveal herself to us, and then again she helped push back those who were attacking us even though she could have stayed with the child or just left entirely after helping, because I have to admit that fight was not going in our favour,"

After Zyrex had finished speaking Cirrus decided to add his thoughts on the matter, "I agree with what Zyrex said, but also just adding that Xelqua trusts her so that already made her seem alright to me. I do think we should be careful with how we approach things with her, but I don't see her as our enemy,"
It seemed that most of the council members agreed with what was said, Gryff then said, "For now we will place some level of trust in her, but we will still be wary. I wish that we could get the High Leader's input on this but we will do what we can without it,"

A bright red light appeared in front of the council members. They were shocked and confused to see that Xelqua and Astaria had managed to teleport to them, after all, they were both watchers. "How did you do that?" Lysabel asked the two standing in the centre of the room.

"Teleportation?" Xelqua asked, confused about what else she thought it could be.

"How did you teleport? You're both watchers," Gryff clarified, his body moving slightly in case things went south.

"I thought you knew that-" Xelqua started before turning to Astaria, "I thought that they knew,"

"It didn't come up in the interrogation and there wasn't any need to tell them," Astaria explained.

"Do you mind telling us what you are talking about, and what you thought we knew?" Lysabel asked, confused.

"Well-" Astaria started before they heard a crash in the distance, she then said, "How about I tell you after we deal with the attacks from the watchers and admins from before that have come back,"

"Stay here," Lysabel called as she pulled up her screen and started to type. 

WC~ 1134