Chapter 2

Xelqua didn't need to worry about too many prying eyes since after the attack players went inside, and with all the watchers and admins still in the hospital, it made the streets very empty. He still went around the corner into an alleyway in case any players were looking out of their windows. He changed back to his player form and carefully made his way back to the portal that would take him to Hermitcraft.

When he arrived there was nothing out of the ordinary, he could still see some small scorched areas from when the watchers attacked but he didn't necessarily remember it that way. He went over the barge to see if he could spot any of the hermits inside, and if he didn't he could at least see the stock levels as well as the profits from his shop. When he entered he saw Mumbo, "Hey Mumbo," Grian called out to his friend.
"Hey Grian, how was your time in the Main World?" Mumbo asked, putting away the items that he just bought.

"It was okay until there was an attack but the council dealt with it," He replied, he knew he had to mention the attack because he didn't want to lie about it happening.

"Are you okay?" Mumbo asked.

"Yeah, the players were taken to a safe area, then when it calmed down I came back here," he replied, this would be the point where he would know if Mumbo remembered or not.
Grian took a deep breath waiting to see if Mumbo mentioned the player part of his sentence, "That's good. I'm glad you're okay," Mumbo said with a calming smile appearing beneath his moustache.

Grian let the breath he took out, he was glad that Mumbo didn't remember but at the same time, he felt somewhat sad that his friend no longer knew that he was a watcher. He decided that he would tell them, but he would wait until they had dealt with the threats of the past watchers and admins. "I'll see you around G," Mumbo said, giving the hermit a wave as he flew off.

Grian yelled back, "Bye Moustache Man!"

Grian headed towards another hermit's base, he decided to check to see if his neighbour Scar remembered any details about him being a watcher. He landed in Scar's magical village and took in his surroundings. Scar was a fantastic builder, he created an atmosphere with how he constructed his builds. It felt so magical, but it then got interrupted when he heard a crash from behind him. He turned around and saw a pile of stuff on the ground, the splatter of stuff meant that someone had obviously just died behind him, he checked the server chat to see who it was, though it wasn't hard to guess.
GoodTimeWithScar experienced kinetic energy

It wasn't hard to guess that it was Scar for a few reasons, one was that it was his base so it was easy enough to assume that the most likely player to be there would be him. Two, that it was Scar he was known for dying a lot, quite a few of those were from kinetic energy as well.

It took around four minutes for Scar to make his way back to his base, he had set his spawn somewhere else and broken the bed so he had to come back from the world spawn. Grian during that time had picked up all of his items and placed them into a chest to stop them from despawning. He heard the sound of the nether portal as he saw Scar rushing through it, he seemed tired but when he saw Grian he sighed in relief, "Hello G," he said making his way over to the chest with his stuff, "Thanks for stopping my stuff from despawning,"

He put his armour and elytra back on as Grian replied, "It wasn't hard, I was already here anyway when you made your graceful landing,"

"I thought I had seen someone," Scar replied as he rearranged the stuff in his inventory.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know how our mayor was finding the scorch marks," Grian said, hoping that Scar would tell him what he remembered that they came from.
"We are working with different ideas to fix them. I was surprised at how much damage the lightning strikes did though, they often aren't that harmful," Scar replied, now focusing on his friend, "Also do you happen to know where my door went?"

"Nope, no idea," Grian said with a playful smile on his face.

"I'd love to keep talking but I have something I need to finish," Scar said.
"That's cool, I was just saying hi after coming back," Grian said.

"Bye G," Scar said, going towards one of his chest monsters.
"Bye Scar," Grian called out, flying out of the magical village.

The last hermit who Grian was going to check with was Xisuma. Being an admin he was more likely to remember and the fact he started remembering in the alternate reality. He found the admin on the nether roof when he was heading towards the portal that led to Xisuma's base. "Hey Xisuma," Grian called out to the admin.

"Hey G, I was just about to check on you. Zyrex messaged me about the attack and I wanted to make sure you were okay," Xisuma said.
"Oh I'm okay since I'm only a player the first attack didn't do much," Grian started, the truth was that he was just lucky, since the council room has special protections, he and the rest of the council members weren't affected by that attack, "Then for the second attack us players took refuge away from it and then after it was over I came back here,"

"I'm glad you're okay. I was actually about to go to the shopping district to call a meeting about all the attacks if you want to come with me now," Xisuma explained.

"Let's go have a meeting then," Grian said as the two of them started walking towards the shopping district portal.

WC~ 1008 

A/N: Hope you enjoy the second chapter! This is my normal posting btw. Also I forget to mention last week that this book wraps up a lot of mysteries that I have hinted towards since the beginning of the series so I would love to know if anyone had any theories but yeah, hope you enjoy!