Chapter 12

More bright bursts of red, brighter than the ones before, glowed throughout the streets letting the warm rays engulf the surrounding people. From the warm glows came people which caused everyone's heart rates to start to slow. The admin side of the council was teleporting in and as soon as they did they whipped out their screens and started typing code fast. Their swords were nowhere in sight, they had already had some correspondence with those on the field so they knew that the weapons would do more harm than good. Unlike the other admins, they weren't as limited in what they could do. Soon walls of bedrock were surrounding the two sides of the battle, to trap or protect depending on which side they were on. The council members also with their expanded powers were able to specifically teleport the mobs into the void that was below the land that they stood on. No longer were the mobs growing in numbers, instead, they were growing smaller and becoming more manageable. To everyone on the ground, they saw the council members come in and deal with their problem, yet to the council members, it was having to deal with that threat while knowing that everyone expected them to save everyone.

The watchers soon made their flight over to the battle. Those in the air calmed as they saw the purple blurs arrive from the centre of the main city, those in the sky then let out a sigh of relief, they felt safer. The difference in the magic level was visible, where it had taken some of the lower levels multiple hits and took some of the higher levels 1 or 2 hits, it took the council members one swish of their hand to send out a wave of purple glow to kill multiple of the mobs at once. As they were all spread out, and because of the amount of mobs that there were, it took them a while before it became manageable for them to handle.

Soon all the mobs from both below and above dwindled down until none remained, and as soon as everyone was about to cheer because their attacks were vanquished, bright red once again flooded the streets. Everyone's hearts stopped, and thoughts raced around their heads. Was that only the first wave? Are there going to be more? Are they going to be more powerful? Fear blackened the souls of those who had, in those few moments, thought that it was over. That they held hope within themselves, now crushed like a cracker on the floor, stepped on by whoever, or whatever, was about to emerge from those 12 glowing red lights. The figures from the red lights were soon visible, those who weren't clued in didn't get the danger as six admins and six watchers appeared from the red light, those on the council did. Xelqua knew better than anyone else, other than Astaria, that these fights would be the hardest that they would have had yet, battles that they will struggle with as they had struggled with the ones previously. The council did recognise them, they assumed that the watchers were the same, it was hard to tell with them wearing masks and having purple robes covering most of their features.

More mobs soon flooded in, not as many as before but there were still a lot of them. The council member flew or teleported towards one of the incoming watchers and admins while the other admins and watchers were gearing up to once again try and hold their own against the mobs that were coming in more waves. Another red light soon appeared in the sky, and people were wondering who it was that seemed to miss their mark by teleporting into the air, or if one of the admins teleported another watcher in. Whether it was an enemy, or if it was an ally. From the light came a white-haired watcher that some recognised from the previous attack, and those who didn't calm when they saw High Watcher Xelqua Carolus, whose face was covered by a mask, nod towards the watcher. Some with a keen eye were slightly confused about who exactly teleported the white-haired watcher as none of the admins on the council had their screens in front of them. She flew down next to some other watchers and helped them with the waves of mobs that were starting to appear, hands up with hoving purple flames above them.

Xelqua knew that Astaria would be a great help to them in facing the main attackers, but he could tell that she didn't want to intrude on the other council members, he had no doubts that if worse came to worse she would help them in any way possible. He was just glad that she came out to help with the waves of mobs as they weren't able to give them any assistance with this generation of admins and watchers ahead of them. The watcher he was against was pretty much showing nothing to identify them, he assumed that they were the same ones as before, so he decided to ask to check. "So are you the same attackers from before? The ones that got sent back by Astaria?" he asked his attacker while dodging an indigo flaming ball.

"We are," The watcher replied, honestly Xelqua was surprised he answered, though the answer was followed up with a larger ball of fire.
"So what took you so long to get back? I had enough time to follow some random clues and almost die for like the 50th time this month. Did it take you that long to fly back?" Xelqua asked, sending his own barrage of fireballs in return.

"The spell that sent us back disabled our magic for a certain amount of time, then we teleported small distances to get here since the admins couldn't get us here in one go. The spell sent us quite far back," the watcher replied, this time being close enough to slash with their sword.

Lysabel was doing her best to stay calm as she was face to face with one of the opposing admins, but her skill just wasn't up to par with who she was facing. She didn't recognise the face that belonged with the piercing red eyes, and the admin wasn't going to say a word, she didn't expect them to. Unlike Xelqua who seemed to almost always be fighting someone who would talk to him, she would guess whoever he was against now was probably talking to him as well. She honestly preferred a silent fight, less distractions that way and with the skill difference the last thing she needed was a distraction. The admin opposite her then started to type something on their screen, and she wasn't prepared for what happened next, they started to float. Her opposition knew how to fight like this, made obvious by why they did it and the fact they kept coming in with attacks. Now she could only defend, she didn't even have enough time to type a command to make it so they were no longer in the air. At this point, they had made it up to where the watchers were fighting in the air, which was when the admins for a second typed something, and then Lysabel couldn't see them anymore, invisibility she thought. A red sword then appeared and came in for the attack, she was frozen, and couldn't react. 

WC~ 1252

A/N: I hope that you've been enjoying the story so far. I have recently-ish gotten Discord and wondering if anyone would be interested in a Discord server. If you think that would be fun let me know, I think it would be fun to interact with all of you!