Chapter I. A Familiar Face.

“Young lady, it’s time to wake up!”

The dark voice had turned into a cheery, yet serious voice since that day. You couldn’t hear the darkness in it and that kind of disappointed me.

I heard someone knocking on the door and after that the door opened.

“Oh my, you are already awake.” said the long black butler in front of me with a smile on his face. I didn’t answer him. I never say much in the mornings because most of the time my throat would hurt or I was in a bad mood. And it would become even worse when Sebastian would come in with a bright smile on his face. Or his eye closing smile. It sometimes annoyed me the fullest but I never showed that to him because he was loyal to me.

“Today we have many appointments, so you will have to dress properly.”

When Sebastian said that it would mean a corset, which I hated the most. Every time I put it on it felt like I would die from not breathing.

“I don’t feel like wearing one today.” I said to him.

“You don’t? Young Lady it is improper to go to your appointments without being properly dressed.”

He looked at me with a serious face. I knew he was right, I just didn’t want to admit it. Before I knew he already walked to the wardrobe and took some time to choose the right clothes. I was sitting on the edge of my bed and concentrated me on the sound of the birds outside. It was peaceful.

He came back with some clothes and I jumped from the bed. I undressed myself and threw my sleepwear on the bed. He would probably wash them later on. I turned myself to the wall. He gave me the corset which I put on myself. When I finished that I put my hands on the wall and held my breath. Sebastian took the two ending strings of the corset and began to pull my corset. I felt like how I stopped breathing. This stupid thing hurts me every time.

“Relax your muscles a bit, Young Lady. Otherwise it’s going to hurt even more.”

I tried relaxing my muscles but as soon as I did that he pulled again. Again I flexed my muscles. He didn’t say anything about it and pulled the strings again. The corset got tighter and tighter.

“It hurts, even when I relax my muscles.”

“I’m sorry, Young Lady.”

He pulled the strings again and I closed my eyes. Maybe now it wouldn’t hurt so much.

It felt like ages before he completely tied my corset but when he finished it the pain was gone. He picked up the dress from the bad and gave it to me. I put it on and breathed out.

“Let’s go.” I said and together we walked out of the room. We walked to the dining room where I would have my breakfast.

“Today’s breakfast is just an English one, I’m really sorry.” he apologized.

I didn’t really care. I wasn’t planning on eating anything at all so it wouldn’t be so bad.

“Where’s Ciel?” I asked.

“Probably outside trying to hire some good gardeners.”

“I don’t need such a thing.”

“I think you do. The garden is a mess. It would be impolite to invite people when your garden is such a mess.”

“And tell me, when do I invite people? I’ve never invited someone here in my whole life.”

“Young Lady,” Sebastian shook his head, “You are almost like a princess in this country. Don’t you think it’s better to make people like you, instead of scaring them away?”