Chapter XVII. The Real Story and Getting Closer.

I frowned at him. He knew something about my real reason for coming her or he was plotting something that I didn’t know about. Either way, I grinned and smiled at him like I didn’t know what he was talking about.

“You quite talk to me like you know me.” I laughed.

“You could say that I do know you.”

“Expect from knowing me through my dad?”

“Yes.”

I grinned.

“I am curious. Tell me about it.”

“It’s nothing special, though. I was just wondering what the real reason was you attended such a party? I know you don’t like them at all. You must have had some kind of purpose for coming here.”

I smiled.

“I wanted people to notice that I am able to talk to them again. And that I want to open up, that’s all.”

He sighed.

“We both know that is the biggest lie a person like you could tell. You are not even interested in other people beside yourself.”

I grinned.

“I am. I just don’t really show it.”

He smirked and looked at me.

“Were you searching for me just now?”

“Yes.” I said.

“Why?”

“I wanted to meet the friend of my father.”

“Why?”

“Because I wanted to talk to him.”

“About what?”

“Nothing really. Probably about my father, or other things. You were very special to my dad, he always smiled when he talked about you.”

“He did? Hard to imagine.” he said grinning.

He was keeping something from me and I could sense it.

“Why is it so hard to imagine? You liked my dad too right?”

“Yes, but the weird thing is that he disliked me.”

The way he said it was extremely serious and I couldn’t believe it. I mean, my dad always smiled when he talked about him so it wasn’t possible that he would dislike him, right?

“No, dislike isn’t even a good word, he hated me.”

“Why? Why did he hate you?”

He grinned and didn’t answer that question.

“I liked your father though. He was what you could call a true hero.”

“A true hero?”

I was aware about the fact that my dad was always honest about the things he did and said but I never really saw him as a hero.

Out all of a sudden, William started to laugh. A devilish laughter that would creep out most of the people. But I was used to it for some reason.

“Your father, acted like he liked me.” he laughed.

“What do you mean ‘acted’?”

“He only pretended to like me in front of you guys. Even your mother didn’t know that he didn’t like me. She only noticed that something was wrong with me. I feel sorry about their death. They were quite smart people.”