Chapter XXVII. The Memories of a Human and The Finished Battle.

Only a scream from the angel covered my ears and I wasn’t able t hear anything else. It was a terrifying scream that could only be explained by huge sounds covering your ears and made you want to cry. It was like a knife pointing in your chest and let you stop breathing. The scream scared me.

“Die! Die! Die!” screamed the angel as he attacked Sebastian and Ciel once more.

Suddenly the whole area was covered in feathers, white and black merged together and I wasn’t able to see anything anymore.

“My lady!”

Two arms wrapped around me and pulled me away from a place that exploded a second after that. I would have been dead if Ciel hadn’t pulled me away from that place. He kept his arms wrapped around me carefully and I felt save. I tried looking for Sebastian’s face, but I couldn’t find it anymore in the feathers.

Suddenly my sight got covered by two black wings and Ciel turned me around so I looked at his face.

“It is almost the end, soon your revenge is fulfilled.” spoke Ciel who smiled carefully.

“I know, it is okay like this.” I answered him.

“I have one last request from you, my lady.” said Ciel who looked deeply into my eyes which made me feel a little uncomfortable but at the same time it made me smile.

“What is it?” I asked him.

I had just realized that I wasn’t able to hear the sounds anymore from outside, I wasn’t able to hear Sebastian anymore. Ciel’s wings covered me and protected me from everything that was outside of it. So even the sounds that I was able to hear before, had faded away like they never even existed in the first place.

He bowed towards me and again his lips moved closer again, just like what had happened before.

“Ciel...” I mumbled when his lips were only a centimetre moved from mine.

“Just give me this, once.” he mumbled.

And he moved closer and closer, closed his eyes and then pressed his lips on mine while a burning sensation filled my left eye. Even though my heart didn’t care about the kiss, my head and eye did. I was able to sense every single feeling inside of him which made me a little scared, but at the same time made me realize that he just had been a human like me.

But then the weird thing happened, something which I hadn’t expected or ever experienced before. It was like Ciel’s head and heart opened up and my head filled itself with memories of his past. Things he never ever told me before or even let me sense. Things which he probably pushed aside himself and tried to forget to start his new life.

I saw him and Elizabeth when she was really young and she hugged him while he casually kept his cool as usual. I also saw him dancing with her while she had a bright smile on her face. Sebastian was playing the violin in the background with a satisfied look on his face.

A next memory appeared. I saw a huge lake and in the middle of that a little island which gave free a dark aura that I had never felt before. But that was exactly the reason why I felt attracted to that island which was dark as the lake surrounding a little boat with Ciel and Sebastian in it. Ciel was sitting in the boat and looked up at Sebastian who navigated the boat towards the dark island with only one arm.

The last memory I saw was Sebastian who carried Ciel in his arms, walking through a field filled with the most beautiful flowers while the moon was shining upon them as a dark sun. And the last thing I heard in the memory was: “Your butler for eternity.”

After that, Ciel took off his lips of mine and embraced me tightly.

“Ciel...” I mumbled.

“I just wanted to show you just that.” he whispered.