Chapter XXII. A Clear Mind and Decided Hatred.

We arrived at the small house in the middle of nowhere, but I immediately felt at home and at peace. The wind that was blowing through the trees made me realize there was such a thing as ‘beauty on this world. The sound was able to make you feel comfortable in a different manner than you were used to.

“My lady, let’s go into the house.”

“Yes...”

I followed Ciel into the house without thinking, I realized later on that Sebastian had been walking next to me the whole time. I got really sucked in into the pace of the wind and the nature surrounding me now. I loved it, at the same time I hated it because it kept me from focussing.

“You have never been here before, haven’t you?” It was Sebastian who said as he put the bags on the ground he had been carrying.

“The first time I have been here, yes.”

“Does it suit your liking?”

“To my surprise, it actually does.” I said sighing. It was weird for a countess like me to feel comfortable at such a tiny and dusty place as this, but I just couldn’t help myself.

“It’s different from the mansion and a lot smaller. But I hope you’ll feel at peace in the upcoming days.” said Sebastian.

“I will.” I answered.

“I’m going to start packing out all the stuff.” said Ciel who bowed and brought the suitcases to the other room.

“Well, young lady. What is it what you want to do?” asked Sebastian.

I thought about that for a little while, there were not so many things you could do here, but that didn’t change the fact there were so many things that you could see here. I wanted to see everything in this surrounding... I wanted to see everything... before I would... die.

“I want to go and take a walk.”

“That’s alright, I’ll go and get your shoes.” said Sebastian who immediately went off to the room where Ciel had just disappeared in.

“You don’t have to, these are alright.”

“Are you sure?”

“It’s just a little walk, it won’t be necessary to switch shoes.” I waved him away.

“As you wish.”

I walked to the door, opened it and realized Sebastian was following me. But for some reason, I didn’t want to. I didn’t want him to follow me, I wanted to be alone since a long time. I wished for peace, so much that it hurt me.

“I want to go alone. There is no need for you to tag along.”

The astonishment in Sebastian’s eyes wasn’t something that surprised me. I knew that he would react like this, just because he was always next to me.

“There is not going to happen anything, Sebastian. I’ll be alright.”

“I know.” he said, keeping himself from start and discussion with me. Probably because my voice sounded different than normal. And I didn’t even know why that was.

“Then... I’ll be back soon.” I said. I nodded, and left the house to find myself feeling sad for leaving them alone like lost puppies.

I don’t know how long it had been ever since I left the house. I could only tell that it had been at least three hours. But I found myself thinking, over thinking, and deciding things in my head. It was like a never ending circle of things that I wanted to decide before the day of the soul devour would come. And I wanted to leave things correctly, without leaving to much questions.