Chapter XXV. The Order and The Angel.

“Ciel... I don’t know what to say.”

“Please don’t say anything, my lady. It would only make it harder to forget about these feelings for me. I am not going to let go on them, but I know that you won’t choose for me no matter what I do. I just don’t want to be the one who gets rejected because no one ever did that. I guess my pride gets in the way for those kind of things.”

I just looked at him with astonishment. Surprised about him saying that while he wasn’t even aware of my true feelings and thoughts. And with not choosing him... did he mean I would choose for someone else?

My head didn’t want to tell me who that person was, but my heart told me the answer already.

“Where is Sebastian?”I asked after a couple of minutes pasted without speaking or saying anything.

“He said there was something he had to do, the angel disappeared soon after he brought back your memories. Sebastian went to chase him, I think.”

“What? Without getting an order from me?” I said as I moved to Ciel a little closer.

“The order is not the point here, is it? Aren’t you just worried about him?” said Ciel who looked at me and moved closer to me also.

“What are you trying to say?”

“Why don’t you try to be honest to yourself for a change? Why don’t you just tell yourself the truth already?”

I kept silence. I wanted to ask him he same question again but I already was pretty aware about what he meant and about what he was actually talking about. Even though he did just ‘confess’ to me, he wanted me to face my true feelings towards this one person.

“Your heart knows about it, it’s only your head that needs to get a confirmation.”

Ciel moved closer to me, and closer. I stepped back, wishing that he would back off from me as he bowed his head towards mine. His lips moved closer to mine and suddenly I was aware about what he wanted to do.   

“Stop it!” I shouted before his lips reached mine.

I saw his lips turning into a vague grin and he moved away from me again. He stared at the sky above him and his eyes met mine after that again. He scared me a little but at the same time I knew he was doing because he wanted me to be honest with myself for a change. I was just afraid that he would overdo it and push me to hard. I didn’t want to force myself to something I didn’t even really know. But to be honest I already knew my true feelings. It was just so hard to say them out loud.

“I think it’s time for us to make a move.” said Ciel who took off his eye-patch and looked at the sky once more.

“What are you doing?”

“Sebastian, this is an order, come back at once!” shouted Ciel in the sky.

His one eye turned into a demonic eye with the colour pink I had seen once more and his other eye showed a devil’s trap that felt really powerful the minute I looked at it. Ciel’s bond with Sebastian was way more powerful than mine and I could sense that through my whole body.

I followed Ciel’s lead and also took off my eye-patch. I didn’t know which order I wanted to give, I just didn’t care about what people would say when they saw the devil’s trap in my eye. Not that people would see, I wasn’t planning on returning home ever again after all. This trip, would be the last thing I would be doing on this earth. The enemy showed itself, the enemy had to die.

A strong wind appeared and a crow landed on a tree branch. I closed my eyes, thinking about what was going to come and when I opened them I saw Sebastian, kneeling down on the ground in front of Ciel, his hand placed on his chest.