Chapter XIII. The Again Flattering Butler and a Real Girl.

“Wake up, my lady. You can’t sleep in the carriage.” sounded Ciel’s voice.  

I took me a lot of strength to open my eyes because I had been tired for a very long time. And that is weird because I had been doing less.

I stood up. My eye-patch had moved because of the wobbly ride. I wanted to put it back but my hand stopped when I touched my eye. The contract kept getting stronger and I could sense it with my whole body.

“My lady, are you awake?”sounded Ciel’s voice again.

I didn’t feel like opening my mouth, so I just didn’t. I put my eye-patch at the place where it belonged and I tried to fix my dress a little and that was something I didn’t even know anything about or how to do that.

When I stood up in the carriage, I felt that my leg was sleeping. It didn’t move so well.

“My lady?” sounded Ciel’s voice again.

Before I could tell him not to, he opened the door of the carriage and looked at me with a very worried face.

“I thought that you had been kidnapped for a moment.”

“I am not.”

He grinned.

“I can see that.”

He waited for me to stand up, but because my leg was sleeping, I didn’t.

“Is there something wrong, my lady?”

I shook my head because I didn’t want to embarrass myself but without me knowing, I just embarrassed myself.

“Your leg is sleeping, isn’t it?” he laughed.

I turned red.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the carriage with all his might. And I fell right into his arms which comforted me while he walked towards the mansion.

“You can let me go, I can walk myself!” I said.

“Of course, but I think I have the right for one time to hold my lady like this.”

I turned even more red. Why was I acting like a stupid teenage girl? I wasn’t usually like this. Was it because I fainted in front of Sebastian and Ciel? Was I still embarrassed about that?

“You don’t have any rights! You are just a loyal dog!”

He grinned.

“That’s pretty harsh, don’t you think so too?”

I didn’t answer him. I knew that what I was saying didn’t even make any sense at all.

“But either way, I don’t want my lady to fall because her leg is sleeping. I could get even more worried about you if that happens. And because you already collapsed today, I wouldn’t want you to do that twice.”

I sighed and just let him carry me. He had a point so it would be useless to even try to convince him that I wasn’t going to fall. And after all, he wouldn’t let go of me even if I was completely alright.

When we walked into the mansion he finally put me down on the ground. On the moment I wanted to ask Ciel if he wanted to make some tea, Sebastian already came walking to me with a serving tray in his hand and on top of the tray stood steamy hot tea with the scent of lemon.

“Oh my, you are back early.” said Sebastian with a smile.

“That goes for you too, Sebastian.” grinned Ciel.

“I finished my business with the people I had to question.”

“And? Did you find anyone who could’ve done it?”I asked.