Chapter XVIII. The Fight and The Old Contract Reborn.

“A death god?”

He nodded. I wasn’t surprised about the fact that he wasn’t human, I was only surprised about the fact that he was a death god, something that other people called a ‘shinigami’.

“Aren’t you surprised?”he asked.

“Not really.” I sighed.

He smirked.

“Unfortunately, the man I am serving isn’t a death god like me, but even stronger. So I guess your search for revenge stops now.”

I smirked.

“Would you think that something like that could stop me? I will fight, until the end.”

On that moment, Sebastian appeared in front of me.

“That smell... it reminds me of something not so pleasant.” he sighed with a dirty look on his face. It was way too clear that he already had been in fights with death gods before.

“Well well. If it isn’t a demon who is protecting this girl. Such a pity for you that she will remember it on this age.”

“I have nothing to hide from the young lady.” answered Sebastian smiling. It was his eye closing smile again. I didn’t see that one for a very long time.

William grinned.

“I can sense that you are familiar with death gods, demon.”

“You can say I am, William. I have met a few before.”

William’s expression looked annoyed and he came a little closer to us. He probably didn’t like it that there was a demon to protect me again.

“You say my name like we are familiar with each other.”

“I act like that towards everyone who I don’t respect.”

“You got me there. But still, can I ask you what your name right now is?”

“Sebastian Michaelis.”

“I hope for you that that name is going to change soon after you consumed the soul of your mistress.”

“You already saw that she is my mistress? You are smarter than I thought you were.”

“Don’t underestimate me, Sebastian. Just because you have met a few death gods before, doesn’t mean that we are all the same.”

“Don’t let the compliment get to you too much. That would be embarrassing for yourself in the end. Like you never had a compliment before.”

He was pissed off now and I wanted to ask him some more questions. But I knew the clock was ticking. Soon he wouldn’t say anything anymore and just fight to Sebastian.

“But still... your face looks familiar.” he said, taking a good look of Sebastian.

“Impossible.”

It was like he suddenly realized that he knew Sebastian longer than today and where from.

“You...” he said.

But before he could say even more, Ciel also appeared in front of me and looked at the death god.

“Strange that I can sense the difference now between a human and a death god. When I was still human I always heard those kind of things from you, Sebastian.”

“Well, it’s not like we always sense it. Some death gods cover it up. But he just lost his cover, so everyone would notice that he isn’t human.”

“Everyone?”I asked.

“Well... smart people.”

I grinned.