Chapter XXVIII. The Last Moon and The End.

The more we walked, the darker it got and we decided not to speak up. We just wanted to remain quiet and act like nothing was actually happening. The situation felt uncomfortable yet it felt familiar because we knew that this day was going to come. Even though we didn’t know when or under which circumstances.

Sebastian and Ciel had changed their clothes on the way and were perfectly dressed as my butlers without having a single stain on their clothing.

I was wearing a beautiful long black dress and for a change I wasn’t wearing any shoes. A necklace of my mother and a ring from my father were the accessories I was wearing.

We moved slowly and when we stopped walking we were standing in front of a huge black lake that didn’t seem to have an ending. In front of us, a small boat filled with the most beautiful white roses I had ever seen.

“Even though I never thought that the colour white suited you...”  sighed Ciel.

“They’re beautiful, Ciel.”

“Red suits my taste better though.” he mumbled softly as he stepped in the boat and offered me his hand after that.

I carefully took his hand and stepped in the boat. Sebastian stepped in almost immediately when I sat down in front of Ciel who was also sitting down. But instead of looking at him who was staring at me with a sad expression on his face, I looked at the surroundings.

The lake was black. The moon was white and was shining upon us. The sky was also black and the stars weren’t visible.

The trees that I had been seeing the whole time before, were slowly fading as we left the land we had been walking on. It was a beautiful thing, knowing that the last thing I would see would be this scenery. Where there was peace and no more creatures that would cost harm.

Suddenly, there were two little lights that were flying right towards me and when I reached out for them, they landed in my hand. It were small lights that created soft smile on my face. My heart started beating a little faster and I closed my hand and pressed it against my chest. A warm and nostalgic feeling filled my body. It felt like the days when everything was alright with my parents and we lived in happiness. But not only that feeling. There was more.

The days I spent with Sebastian and Ciel had also been filled with so many happiness that I regret never thanking them for that properly. The time we danced, the time we laughed and even the times we took revenge on other people had suddenly turned in the most beautiful memories. Something I had never created before, well, at least not like this.

It was actually really unfortunate that it all came to its end already. It made me sad, yet I was able to smile while looking back. Knowing that my soul would find some peace now.

“What are you smiling about?” asked Ciel who looked at me without changing his facial expression while asking that.

I looked at him, not noticing I really was smiling from the outside as well.

“I was thinking.” I said carefully while looking up at the moon who was shining more brightly now than the sun had ever done before. I loved watching at it, I loved to feel it so close to me.

“About what?” he asked.

“Memories...” I said, still smiling.

“Which kind of memories, young lady?” asked Sebastian.

As Sebastian spoke, my heart skipped a beat. And I also smiled when I looked up at him who was wearing a serious expression on his face.

“The most beautiful memories, before the most beautiful death in this world.” I whispered softly.