Chapter IX. No Lies and No Truth.

“I am just serving my mistress as she wishes. And in the end it will be Ciel Phantomhive who will get the soul.” answered Sebastian without his usual smile.

“So it’s up to the little brat Phantomhive? You have grown, I thought that if you changed into a demon your body wouldn’t grow anymore but still you have aged quite a bit.”

“It turned out to be that I would grow until I was a grown-up, which is what I am now.” said Ciel.

“Interesting.” smiled Andrew.

His eyes caught mine and I looked at him with a expression that would make clear that I wasn’t afraid of him at all.

“You know, Katherine,” began Andrew, “you attract demons. Except for me there were even more demons who found themselves attracted to you. I pushed them away for you though, saying that it wasn’t normal for our demons to love a human. But in secret, I wanted to keep you all for myself. You are the only human in this world I desire.”

“I never asked for that. I never asked for you to desire me, I never asked for you to take care of me. I know how to take care of myself.”

“You heard my lady.” said Ciel grinning.

“Just easily surrender, than no one is going to get hurt.” said Sebastian annoyed.

“I am definitely not going to do that.”

“As you wish.” said Sebastian.

In front of my eyes he threw a knife again and Andrew knew how to dodge it. Andrew grabbed a painting from the wall and threw at Sebastian who also dodged it as if it was nothing. I looked at the scene while being afraid that one of the things they were throwing at would hit me and I would get hurt. It was kind of amazing and also frightening to watch them, fighting like this like it was nothing and they did it every single day. I also saw another side of them both. I never really thought about it, but it still was weird to have a demon butler, right? It was even more weird to have two of them. It is a weird we are living in.

Suddenly I felt how two arms wrapped themselves around me from behind and pulled me away very quickly. On the moment I got pulled away, I closed my eyes, not knowing when to open them again.

When I opened them again I saw it was Ciel who had pulled me away and I looked at the place where I was standing before. I saw a knife hanging in the wall where I was standing in front of. If Ciel hadn’t been there than I would’ve probably been dead already. 

Ciel didn’t let go of me, even though I was save. He only looked with a furious expression at Andrew who was still busy fighting Sebastian alone.

“You can let go of me now, Ciel.”I said while I tried to free myself a little.

“No. If I do that, the chance that you will get hurt only gets bigger. I won’t forgive myself if something happens to you, my lady.”

I knew that talking back to him right now would be meaningless so I stayed in his arms trying to feel safe. And before I even knew it he already jumped up and pulled me with him. Another knife was almost hitting me.

“Sebastian, stop it now!”I shouted.

And Sebastian jumped up and stopped when he was standing beside me.

“May I ask you why?”he asked.

“If you continue this, there is nothing going to happen.”

“What do you want me to do with him then?”he asked.

“I want you to get all the information out of him about my parents’ death. If he is involved, even if it’s just a little, I want you to kill him.”