𝖓𝐢𝐧𝐞

With a sigh, I sat back in my driver's seat chair and stared down at my now bloody hands

I didn't feel bad for killing Jared, nah this wasn't remorse, more like annoyance if anything.

Annoyed with how complicated shit was about to become now since his brother just happens to be someone I worked closely with.

Before anything else, I made sure to go ahead and head home so I could clean the Red residue off of me before heading over to Saduj.

Whatever he called for still needed to get taken care of, despite how complicated I had just made everything.

I was annoyed with all of it, myself—for blacking out like that, Jared—for being so annoying I felt obligated to kill him, but most importantly—I was annoyed with the person whose name I didn't even know yet, because for some reason I did it for him.

Just like when I killed those other two niggas that broke into his apartment on purge night, for some unknown reason, for some stupid reason—I felt like I had to.

If I didn't, they'd do what they attempted again, and he just refused to defend himself, he acted incapable of it.

I wasn't really sure how this situation was going to blow up when it came to Jermaine.

No matter how much he complained about his little brother, at the end of the day—they were still close, and when he eventually finds out the truth, his gonna be looking for his revenge.

That was expected, and it was fine, if the day came when I had to ultimately put him down—then I'd do that.

After I cleaned myself off, I grabbed a flask of alcohol that I had in my fridge so I'd have something to drink on during the ride.

When I did finally get on the road—it ended up taking me a good fifteen minutes, which meant I arrived at the meeting area just barely within the 30-minute window Saduj had given me.

I took a moment to park before taking one last swig from the flask. While the alcohol burned its way down, I threw the flask in the glove compartment and then reached for the door handle.

Slowly I made my way back outside to my truck, eyes low and hazy as I felt the effects of the alcohol take over.

Unfortunately, those effects weren't strong enough to make me completely forget about the complicated future ahead—but it at least calmed the noise for now.

I'm not even sure if I'll tell him I killed the people that tried to rob him, there's no point—he doesn't seem to understand shit like that.

Initially, I knocked them both out instead of killing them because I decided not to do that in front of him.

Not because I cared, but because it would make things way more complicated if he decided to have one of his dramatic crying moments.

That's why blacking out on Jared was so unexpected, because I really did intend on letting them live—which I'll admit, isn't like me.