𝖋𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Saint

"Saint.." I whispered yet again.

I called his name like five times in attempts to wake him so I could let him know I was about to step out for work—and that he should lock his door.

But he was in such a heavy slumber that my words were quite literally falling on deaf ears.

I also didn't wanna touch him, especially when he was sleeping knowing that he wasn't exactly comfortable with physical contact.

Thankfully, his eyes eventually fluttered open, and immediately his eyebrows creased in confusion.

"sorry, I know you're tired—I just wanted to let you know I'm heading out for work, I didn't wanna leave the door unlocked while you're in here sleeping," I explained.

He was silent for a moment and then shifted so he was now in a sitting position on the couch. While he took a moment to rub the sleep from his eyes, I went ahead and began putting on my shoes.

"how you gettin' 'nere?" He then asked, voice hoarse and deep with sleep.

His normal voice was already deep and raspy, I guess due to him barely speaking. So when you add sleep on top of that, he actually sounded kind of scary.

"well I mean—I'm gonna wal—"

Before I could even finish the last word he smacked his lips, "you just don't learn huh?" He stated.

"how else do you expect me to get there without a car Saint?" I questioned back, sighing.

It was barely eight a.m and we were already on the verge of arguing.

"I'll take you." he then spoke, shaking his head.

"no, you're exhausted, and your body isn't getting any better because you aren't giving it the time it needs to rest," I explained.

again, he chose silence while he just stared at me, then he stood up.

I watched as he reached over into a pair of jeans he had thrown to the side of the couch, and then he pulled out what seemed to be a wad of cash.