𝖙𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I'm

I'm....Pregnant.

And no matter how many times the lady across from me would repeat it, none of this felt real.

No matter how many times she explained my symptoms, how many times she showed me the 'baby' on the screen, nothing could make this feel real.

"I-I just don't understand, h-how is it we're already able to see it, it's only been a week since it could've been conceived, and even then... that's assuming it happened off our first time," I questioned.

"I'm not sure—but to be fair nothing about this pregnancy is exactly standard, we can't expect things to work the same, and we can't rule out any possibilities." She stated. "you are both two biological men, to say things may move quicker or slower during this...pregnancy...would be an understatement.

I looked over at Saint who was already looking over at me with an expression I couldn't read.

"Well if what you're saying is true—then—then shouldn't I go to a hospital, this is serious?" I frowned, turning back to Ms.Evelyn

"No!" She said immediately.

Her tone caused Saint to shift and walk slightly ahead of me.

"I-I'm sorry hun, I'm just passionate." She apologized.

"If you go to the hospital and they see this, you can guarantee the government will lock you away in some lab." She explained.

I hadn't thought of that, but it made sense. If I was some weird pregnant freak, then they'd wanna test on me—who could blame them?

"But couldn't this hurt me, my body isn't made to support a child or childbirth..." I spoke, shaking my head.

"actually, not necessarily," she stated gently, "As I said, it could be possible that you're an anomaly, a man who can naturally get pregnant. We can't rule out the possibility your body may adjust due to that."

"Adjust?" I asked.

"Well, when women get pregnant, our organs move, shift, all types of stuff to make room for the baby." She explained

"it's likely your body will do the same." She finished.

"but likely doesn't mean certainly." I stated bluntly, "So if it doesn't adjust...I could die..."

"That's true—and I won't lie, sweetie, there's probably a chance this could turn fatal, however—"

"Take it out," Saint spoke up.