𝖙𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Am I going crazy or does it actually look bigger?" Khalil asked, turning around as she showed me his bare belly

I observed him silently from the couch, eyes scanning his body.

"come closer..." I told him with a smirk, spreading my legs so he could do so.

"Saint, I'm being serious." He whined, dragging himself over to stand in between my legs.

"I'm being serious Khalil..." I chuckled, placing my hands on his hips.

It's been about a week since we found out about the 'pregnancy', and honestly, not much has changed.

He threw up every now and then, and would get the occasional stomach pain that I'd rub away—but besides that, there was nothing.

Well, I guess until now, "Nah—you're not trippin'." I told him as I ran my hands across his abdomen.

His eyes grew wide as he slowly looked down at himself.

"Maybe it's just weight..." he mumbled.

"you ain't been eating heavy baby..." I told him calmly, looking up at him.

"well um...." He struggled.

"it's okay to admit it," I told him, "don't be scared."

"We should go see Ms.Evelyn." He frowned, placing his hands over mine.

"I ain't taking you out there durin' purge night Khalil." I told him seriously.

Ion even know why he would say some shit like that.

He continued to frown as he slowly turned to look out the window on our left.

"You're right—she and her nephew are probably staying safe tonight, no time for me and miracle baby over here ." He ranted.

"it's nun' for you to worry about honestly, ain't this normal?" I asked.

"well again, I just don't think normal is a word we can use during this pregnancy babe." He replied, tucking his lips.

Fair enough...

"well still—it ain't nothin' for you to worry about, I'll take care of you," I told him, standing to my feet.

Once I was vertical I placed a kiss on his forehead and walked over to the hallway so I could go into my closet.

Khalil followed behind as I did that, clearly a little nervous due to what weekend it was. Plus he was just a curious person, I've learned that.

"Lil, I ain't got nothin' in here you wanna see..." I told him, just as I reached for the lock.

"Oh.." he mumbled, knowing what that meant, "well don't mind me—I'm just gonna find something to watch that hopefully drowns out the murder happening outside." He said sarcastically before returning back to the living room.